Hans Riegel is dead.

Author Topic: Hans Riegel is dead.  (Read 1013 times)

The creator of the gummy bear has died in Germany.

Hans Riegel, son of the founder of Germany's Haribo confectionery and much-loved gummy bears, died Tuesday from heart failure. He was 90.

German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said Riegel had made Haribo such a global brand that "wherever I traveled in recent years, the gummy bears had arrived long before me."

Haribo, short for Hans Riegel Bonn, came to epitomize Germany's highly successful Mittelstand -- small, actively managed firms that make up the backbone of the economy.

Fruit-flavored gummy bears were originally called dancing bears, inspired by the performing brown bears that once appeared at circuses. The fierce expression on their jelly faces was replaced with a smile in a 2007 makeover.

"I work because it makes me happy, and I have no reason to deny myself that happiness," Riegel said in a interview in 2010.

In July it became known that he had a brain tumor and it had to be operated.

Riegel underwent a successful operation earlier this year to remove a brain tumour and his death came unexpectedly.

Haribo gave Germany its most famous advertising slogan, promising to make kids and adults happy. Sachets of its sweets are ubiquitous: doctors keep them on hand to placate crying children and hotels place them on pillows to treat guests.
Copied from article

/discuss

The wicked witch is dead!

Never liked Gummy Bears.

Speaking of gummy bears, read the reviews on this 5 pound bag of gummy bears. They're loving hilarious.
http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/dp/B000EVQWKC

Never liked Gummy Bears.
Well that's mean.
I think it's funny they changed the face to make the little gummies less threatining.

Never liked Gummy Bears.
i never liked some candy, better celebrate the death of the guy who thought of it!
loving cunt

Speaking of gummy bears, read the reviews on this 5 pound bag of gummy bears. They're loving hilarious.
http://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Gummy-Candy-Sugarless-5-Pound/dp/B000EVQWKC
"Consumption of some sugar-free candies may cause stomach discomfort and/or a laxative effect.  Individual tolerance will vary.  If this is the first time you’ve tried these candies, we recommend beginning with one-fourth of a serving size or less. Made with Lycasin, a sugar alcohol. As with other sugar alcohols, people sensitive to this substance may experience upset stomachs."

Oh dear.

Well that's mean.
I think it's funny they changed the face to make the little gummies less threatining.
Says the guy who gets mad at me for liking something.

i never liked some candy, better celebrate the death of the guy who thought of it!
loving cunt
Well, I'm not celebrating. You don't see a loving smiley face or anything. For all you know, I could be sad. I was just saying I didn't like loving candy bears. I was joking about calling him a wicked witch. I haven't met him or anything. Oh wait this is the forums.

Nevermind, you guys take nothing as a joke and then joke around, and then get mad for for someone taking your joke seriously.

the greatest inventor in history is dead

My heart sank when I thought the title said Hans Rudel.

Then I remembered he's been dead for 30 years.

Nevermind, you guys take nothing as a joke and then joke around, and then get mad for for someone taking your joke seriously.

Never liked Gummy Bears.

I will fight you on the side of the street.