Tutorial: Port Forwarding behind multiple Routers

Author Topic: Tutorial: Port Forwarding behind multiple Routers  (Read 820 times)

The basic port forwarding tutorial only accounts for users behind 1 router. This tutorial is for those behind multiple.

Step 1: Open up the Start Menu and type "cmd.exe" and enter.

Step 2: Type "ipconfig -all" into the command prompt.

Step 3: Locate your IPv4 Address and Default Gateway.
Write these down, memorize them, or just keep this window open.

Step 4:Open an internet browser, go to the address bar, and enter your Default Gateway.
Step 5: Login to your router.

Step 6: Navigate to Applications & Gaming and then to Port Range Forwarding.
Step 7: Set up your ports for Blockland using your IPv4 Address.
Step 8: Apply your changes.

Step 9: Navigate to the Status page.

Step 10: Locate your Router's IP Address and your Router's Default Gateway.
Write these down, memorize them, or just keep this tab open.

Step 11:Open an internet browser, or another tab, and go to the address bar, enter your Router's Default Gateway.
Step 12: Login to your router.

Step 13: Navigate to Applications & Gaming and then to Port Range Forwarding.
Step 14: Set up your ports for Blockland using your Router's IP Address.
Step 15: Apply your changes.

You realize different routers have different interfaces so "navigate to blah" generally doesn't work

However, you can tell people to go here:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/
Then select their router brand, then skip the ad, then select their router model, then select blockland and follow that guide from there on.

You realize different routers have different interfaces so "navigate to blah" generally doesn't work

However, you can tell people to go here:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/
Then select their router brand, then skip the ad, then select their router model, then select blockland and follow that guide from there on.
That site claims that my router won't support Blockland, even though it can (halfway)

I don't have a status spot either

No edit:
I found a setting that deals with my static IP and such. Its the DMZ, it says that it can put my PC outside of the NAT firewall, should I do that?

No edit AGAIN
I did that and now my server is pinging c:

So for you folks having issues with a fail router just use the DMZ and bring your PC out of the firewall.

Do newer routers have UPnP?

Do newer routers have UPnP?
Yes.... I have never seen a consumer router without it.

No edit:
I found a setting that deals with my static IP and such. Its the DMZ, it says that it can put my PC outside of the NAT firewall, should I do that?
Just make sure that your software firewall is running and blocking all non-required ports.

At step 11 when I try to copy the default gateway into my browser I get "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to"

No edit:
I have to enable DMZ to my computer or my servers won't work at all

I have to enable DMZ to my computer or my servers won't work at all
Hm.
Routers are so damn weird..