Author Topic: New Star Trek episodes!  (Read 1104 times)

kind of

a kickstarter to continue the 5 year mission of the original series. (they only completed 3 of the years, story wise)

These nerds are doing a free web series. and they just uploaded the first epp.

kickstarter
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/125377036/star-trek-continues-webseries

the youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3G-ziTBAkbQ

im currently watching it. its actually pretty good production lol. they managed to keep it old school looking. all the modernization with effects isnt overly done either so it looks like a real pick up from the old show lol.

Interesting, although... Well, they must have made sure as long as they are non-profit they're fine, right? Star Trek is a big name. Who knows who could find a way to get them for making this. Even as non-profit, they are asking funding to make a series under the Star Trek title. And then again, people have made stuff like this from time to time... I don't know legal junk, huh?

yeah i wonder how that works. if they keep getting popularity and more donations. they would HAVE to spend it on more shows right? lol

what if people donate like way to much. like far more then they can even use.

I wonder if they'll manage to preserve and properly portray Kirks loveism like in the original series.  :cookieMonster:

I'm hoping they don't make it about cliches. It's nice to think about original episodes and what they had, but if your new series just keeps referencing and reusing them instead of trying to bring something new, it just feels like you're playing on past popularity to keep it going. As much as I'd love to see more Tribbles, I'm not sure I'd enjoy seeing them take a major part in an episode as much as a new adventure...

I wonder if they'll manage to preserve and properly portray Kirks loveism like in the original series.  :cookieMonster:
inb4 they turn Kirk into a feminist

spock looks forgeted up now

I like that they got Chris Doohan to play Scotty

I dig this on a level that no one will ever dig.

I wish the voices were a little deeper. They just sound too "kiddish." Other than that this is amazing.

amazing

but, like MegaScientifical said, i hope they come up with some things themselves.

What happened to Mr. Spock's voice? It doesn't sound as deep.
Other than that, I like it.

What happened to Mr. Spock's voice? It doesn't sound as deep.
Other than that, I like it.
I think deeper voices actually had something to do with the cameras they were using at the time of the original series. (but at the same time the actors did naturally contribute to that.)