blockland affecting computer preformance

Author Topic: blockland affecting computer preformance  (Read 779 times)

so, blockland runs perfectly fine on my computer, however, when i alt tab for what seems to be 5+ minutes blockland and everything else starts running really slowly, and then when i close blockland it goes back to normal. help?

that can only happen if your pc is a slow pile of crap

that can only happen if your pc is a slow pile of crap
it's not slow at all? stop making assumptions, this only happens with blockland

for clarification:
running blockland has no noticeable effects on performance, however, after alt tabbing for a few minutes and going back it becomes unplayable because its running so poorly, when it becomes unplayable and i leave it open it affects the computers performance in general, however when i close it it resumes to normal

Well, first thing, try updating your drivers. The current version seems to be 13.9 and you have 12.104
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064 (I believe this is the right one for you but it's prolly best you go through AMD's finder yourself).

Second, are you running fullscreen or windowed when you alt tab and then proceed to do other things. Also does it only start to lag after you go back into blockland after alt - tabbing once or a few minutes after your first alt - tab without returning to BL?

Well, first thing, try updating your drivers. The current version seems to be 13.9 and you have 12.104
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064 (I believe this is the right one for you but it's prolly best you go through AMD's finder yourself).

Second, are you running fullscreen or windowed when you alt tab and then proceed to do other things. Also does it only start to lag after you go back into blockland after alt - tabbing once or a few minutes after your first alt - tab without returning to BL?
i run in windowed mode, and it only starts after i alt-tab back into blockland

i run in windowed mode, and it only starts after i alt-tab back into blockland
Certain games become unstable after alt+tabbing on certain platforms so it might just be a problem with your combination of hardware, drivers, and software. I remember I had one game that would turn completely white and I would have to restart if I alt+tabbed. I honestly can't really think of anything that might cause this as I've never had this problem, especially since you're using windowed mode.