I can't install Blockland!

Author Topic: I can't install Blockland!  (Read 736 times)

Every time I install it, it says "Failed to open 'C:\Users\Bolt\Documents\Blockland//cache.db' with error message 'unable to open database file' " Can Anyone help me with this?

Delete the cache file and try again.

Delete the cache file and try again.
You don't really need to do this. There are better methods, he could try first. Like:
- Checking if the installer is being run as administrator. (Maybe he had insufficient permissions to access that file?)

If nothing else helps, then yeah, do what Master Blaster said.

-Cajetan.

I've experienced this problem before, so yeah, try either methods.

Thanks Guys You really helped me! Thank Yoooou

You don't really need to do this. There are better methods, he could try first. Like:
- Checking if the installer is being run as administrator. (Maybe he had insufficient permissions to access that file?)

If nothing else helps, then yeah, do what Master Blaster said.

-Cajetan.

Actually, telling them to delete the file is normally the best response because it almost always fixes the problem and is very straightforward for even novice computer users to do. You have to remember that many of the people asking for help here are young or have no idea what they're doing.

Actually, telling them to delete the file is normally the best response because it almost always fixes the problem and is very straightforward for even novice computer users to do. You have to remember that many of the people asking for help here are young or have no idea what they're doing.
Which is why you don't tell them to delete files.

Which is why you don't tell them to delete files.

I have a 100% success rate from that. It works much better than yelling and calling them idiots... *cough cough

You're right at one part(explaining in a sec). But you're wrong at the part, that we should always tell them to delete the file aka let the people re-download all stuff again.

I might have expected a little too much from the blockland community, so I didn't explain how to run the installer as administrator. So, in future I will explain those kind of simple tasks better, so even a 6 years old can understand how this works.

So, as an addendum:
Simply press on the file, right-click on your file and click "run as administrator". If it doesn't work and wants a password, go to your parents and ask them to type it in and let it execute.

I might have expected a little too much from the blockland community
Yes, exactly. I know that the other methods work but normally I go for the solution that is easiest for them to do.