Problems with R.A.T. 7 mouse

Author Topic: Problems with R.A.T. 7 mouse  (Read 2671 times)

So I leveled up today to 15, and got a Raspberry Pi and a R.A.T. 7.

The mouse works perfectly in games, and really is a precision piece of tech (compared to my £10 wireless combo from Novatach), However when I move my mouse on the desktop it's really disappointing and crappy.

Basically, when I move the mouse to the left then the cursor moves to the left. However, moving it to the right makes it go right AND upwards, in a diagonal line, even though I'm carefully watching my hand movement and it's perfectly parallel to the edge of my desk! Repeating this movement yields the same results. Pretty much same on the vertical axis.

I'm using Windows XP 32 bit, and I know I ought to upgrade by now, but the problem seems to have something to do with how the OS manages the mouse, because as I said before it works perfectly on games, but as soon as I tab out into the desktop or use the default windows mouse it turns into an unusable stuffstorm.

Yes, I have all the latest drivers and also the software.

Any help would be appreciated.

I had the same problem.

And the R.A.T. 7 Is one of the worst mice i've ever owned.
I bought it about 3 years go, thinking it was going to be a solid gaming mouse with nice adjustments.

It's all a gimmick.

As for your problem, you need to check the lens under the mouse. I had the same exact problem as you, sometimes dirt or the plastic ring around the bottom can cover the lens.

Also, watch out for the right and left click, they wear out very quickly.

I had the same problem.

And the R.A.T. 7 Is one of the worst mice i've ever owned.
I bought it about 3 years go, thinking it was going to be a solid gaming mouse with nice adjustments.

It's all a gimmick.

As for your problem, you need to check the lens under the mouse. I had the same exact problem as you, sometimes dirt or the plastic ring around the bottom can cover the lens.

Also, watch out for the right and left click, they wear out very quickly.

Wow, that sucks. I was really hoping that it would be something descent and long lasting.
I mean, it does feel like something you would expect to last, with its fancy aluminum cover.

Although I'm not sure taking it apart would be a good idea; maybe I should just send it back without risking voiding the warranty?

looks like it'd smash into a million pieces if you accidentally dropped it lol

But it's not a mouse, it's a rat...
Put some traps out

Wow, that sucks. I was really hoping that it would be something descent and long lasting.
I mean, it does feel like something you would expect to last, with its fancy aluminum cover.
i'm pretty sure that mad catz products have a reputation of being stuff, from what i've heard

But it's not a mouse, it's a rat...
Put some traps out
so fune

oh for a second I thought this was going to be the "Remote Access Tool" RAT

i'm pretty sure that mad catz products have a reputation of being stuff, from what i've heard
I always knew them as the company that sold really big Xbox 1 controllers for pretty cheap prices.

That mouse looks really uncomfortable.

After making millions of mice topics, I know which ones are best. I recommend some of those Logitech wired gaming mice. But don't buy any wireless mice from them. They are horrible.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:19:22 AM by BlockoBlocko »

Owned a RAT 7 for almost a year now, about to through the damn thing out the window. It thinks a single click is a double click or triple click, and god the sensors are awful.

That mouse looks really ubcomfortable.

After making millions of mice topics, I know which ones are best. I recommend some of those Logitech wired gaming mice. But don't buy any wireless mice from them. They are horrible.

Its pretty damn comfy despite how it looks, you can customize it so its just for your hand.

Any mice you can specifically recommend? Something that isn't above $60 though

Owned a RAT 7 for almost a year now, about to through the damn thing out the window. It thinks a single click is a double click or triple click, and god the sensors are awful.

Its pretty damn comfy despite how it looks, you can customize it so its just for your hand.

Any mice you can specifically recommend? Something that isn't above $60 though
Wired or wireless?

This one is from Logitech. Pretty cheap and good. What I also like about it is that you can customize your lighting.

http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g300-optical-gaming-mouse

Go look at some of Corsair's mice. They are very satisfactory as well. http://www.corsair.com/us/gaming-peripherals/gaming-mice.html

By the way, don't buy any Razer mice please. You will regret it.

Perhaps you should consider a RAZER product?
I have a RAZER Taipan and it is has 0 problems.
http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-taipan?