Author Topic: SPO's Vault Escape!  (Read 4204 times)

i was only discussing it because you seem so adamant that it's nothing like a jail escape... while it isn't like the well known flavor, it's the same concept that one team has to stop the other from escaping. you're right in saying that it doesn't play like the traditional jail rp, but the way you say that made me think it was something much more grand and i felt that you were sending the wrong message, and only tried to correct it. it's a silly issue and i'll not bother saying anything more on it

Seems pretty cool, not to fond of the 2 lives idea though...

Hooray! Shame I couldn't be there to play!

this is being hosted 24/7 so you can join at any time! I'm hoping for a large player count this weekend!

Seems pretty cool, not to fond of the 2 lives idea though...
One life is out of the question. Three lives is a bit much. Two lives is just right.

The difference between this gamemode and other TDMs or jail escapes is that this is in between.

The guards are trying to put down an uprising, basically. They need to work together to prevent citizens from escaping, and they need to stick together to hunt down the remaining citizens and kill them. If guards leave the vault door room, citizens will escape easily. If all of the guards stay in the vault door room, they will be overwhelmed if the citizens are smart enough to all attack at once. Guards don't want to go on the offense or defense, they need to be sort of a defensive offense; keeping some guards in the vault door room to stop escapees and sending a group deep into the vault to prevent the citizens from grouping up and overwhelming the guards.

The citizens are trying to escape and/or kill all of the guards. They need to work together to plan their attack. If every citizen tries to do everything themselves, they will lose. They must stick together and take out guards one by one. Citizens cannot take out all the guards at once. The citizens want to do the same as the guards in that they want to keep the guards from getting into the main vault area so they can gather weapons and prepare to storm the vault door room.

Also, I suggest a way for citizens to take out the power for some spooky effects.

Perhaps we could add some ways to weaken the guards, like taking out the power, or by adding other things you need to do in order to open the vault door.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 02:57:56 PM by -Blok- »

In terms of balance i feel as if the teams are balanced well for now. I will definitley add some source of a 'blackout'.
events may get complex though, having to event every single light fixture :x

blok, you did a good job of explaining it. I added a quote from you to the OP.

btw! im in the server right now! lets get up to 20 players like last night! it is the weekend now too, so i may bump the player count.

Honestly I was expecting more of this.

Honestly I was expecting more of this.
It's fun when there are a good amount of players.

how disappointing. the build is mediocre and the high levels of fog is just annoying.
it's fine. i was expecting something better though.

how disappointing. the build is mediocre and the high levels of fog is just annoying.
The build is fine to me. I am more worried about how it plays and I thought it was really fun when there were a lot of players there. You should stop by when the server gets a good amount of people.

This

To be quite honest the build is okay but it could really use improvement and as for the gamemode it's just melee versus people with guns and an escape route. The pistol's model could really use some work and the map is too small for anything I would see as fun. I have to say that I was expecting a lot more from something with SPO slapped in front of it and this disappoints me.

I have to say that I was expecting a lot more from something with SPO slapped in front of it and this disappoints me.
It was basically built entirely by Pass and he built it in a short amount of time.

Perhaps it should be "Pass' Vault Escape" instead because it wasn't really a collaborative SPO build.

My name is Rasputin and I approve of Vault Escape.