Author Topic: 1x1 no-glare space  (Read 2296 times)

Have you ever written something down in print letters, only to find out that nasty sun glare is not reflecting on the letters, but it is reflecting on the print bricks with a 'space' on them? Then this is the add-on for you. If it isn't really clear what this print does, let these pictures explain:

In this image the sun is behind me. The bricks are all 1x1 print bricks with spaces on them (save the letters of course). As you can see, they create a glare effect. The text 'HI MOM' is with a default space. As you can see, it's interrupted by an unfitting glare-y print brick. The text 'HI DAD' uses the no-glare space print instead. As you can see, it looks a lot better.

How it's done:

If you look really, really carefully, you can see a white 1x1 pixel in the top left corner. This basically tells Blockland to treat it as a print with text on it. It's unnoticeable on the 1x1 print brick without zooming in, and barely noticeable on the 1x4 print brick. If you're curious, this is the least obvious as possible. Blockland does not treat something with 1 pixel with a transparency of 1 out of 255 as a proper print.

Hopefully some of you will find this as handy as I do. It's something I couldn't find the effort of really complaining about until just now.

DOWNLOAD

P.S. The actual name of the print is print_1x1_clearspace, so look for that in the add-on list.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 05:47:53 AM by TheArmyGuy »

So basically this glitches bricks to not glare?

Pretty much, yes. It's not really a glitch, just a really really small print, invisible to the naked eye.

Could you post an image comparing regular/no-glare.
Anyways, neat idea.

Could you post an image comparing regular/no-glare.
Anyways, neat idea.
did you even
see the picture
in the op
at all