Author Topic: Looking for a vector artist for a new game  (Read 1551 times)

Hey, I am currently working on a game that is about cocaine a child who gets lost in a forest during a blizzard and needs to find his way home. While you go through your environment you can discover new areas of the forest and see new people. As you interact with your environment, the music that plays in the background will change. For example, say you are walking through some trees and you notice a bird stuck under a branch (horrid example but whatever). You can do many things, you can jump on the bird and attempt to kill it, and the music will turn to something deeper and sadder. Though if you go to the bird and help it out, the music will be lighter and happier. You might even along the way acquire the help of that bird. Currently I have the game engine 99% complete (I need to fix 1 error with level loading), and then I can work on things specific to the game. I use SDL2 for rendering and I have a friend who can create the music, but I do not have an artist. I don't know if vector artist is the best way to put it but I'm basically going for the art style in vectorpark or in this piece of art by caleb sawyer. It's really pretty and I think the game can be very fun if executed correctly. If you would like to art you will be upfront payed some amount of money that I have not yet decided (within the range of $10-100) in bitcoins. You can easily buy things with BTC or convert it to USD or whatever currency you use. Once I get a basic sound track I will post a sample of it.

shouldn't this be in another section
like games/creativity

also holy damn nobody's gonna read all that

I've done plenty of vectors before like logos and environments with a couple characters before with Inkscape and I can say that what you want to aim for is quite advanced and very time consuming but its worth what you're willing to pay for.
Unfortunately, I wouldn't have the time to make such works because of school, upcoming holidays, and other stuff.

>forest
>blizzard

huh

It is possible, I believe.

shouldn't this be in another section
like games/creativity

also holy damn nobody's gonna read all that

Not really, it isn't discussing the game; it's discussing the need for an artist.

And I read it all.

Not really, it isn't discussing the game; it's discussing the need for an artist.
so, yeah

creativity

I've done plenty of vectors before like logos and environments with a couple characters before with Inkscape and I can say that what you want to aim for is quite advanced and very time consuming but its worth what you're willing to pay for.
:D

Unfortunately, I wouldn't have the time to make such works because of school, upcoming holidays, and other stuff.
;(

I'm in the same boat. College applications be a bitch.

i'm a more than competent vector artist but frankly the fact that you're offering payment in bitcoins is too hilarious

i'm a more than competent vector artist but frankly the fact that you're offering payment in bitcoins is too hilarious
well I don't have any other form of payment :(
ofc the artist would get like 30% of anything made from the game.

whoa, that's like a whole $3
you ever heard of this magic thing called "paypal" dude

whoa, that's like a whole $3
you ever heard of this magic thing called "paypal" dude
yeah but it asks for my bank info and I don't know it and whenever I ask for it my dad always forgets :c. Bitcoin can be converted to paypal.

yeah but it asks for my bank info and I don't know it and whenever I ask for it my dad always forgets :c. Bitcoin can be converted to paypal.
sir you're likely not making any money off this game if you can't even figure out your own banking information

*first game to be purchasable exclusively with bitcoins*