National Flags in Chat

Author Topic: National Flags in Chat  (Read 13510 times)

I believe that's your problem, not mine. I got your country using only public information that you made available to me simply by playing the game like a normal person. If you don't want this information available to people, stop using the internet.

You went through the trouble to trace my IP through my Blockland ID. Who the forget does that normally?
Even though the info is "public", people don't normally look for it.
What I'm saying is that it really ticks me off that you went and just posted about it flat out.
So kindly go forget yourself.
Thanks.

you're drawing more attention to it yourself than anyone else has

i didn't even notice that he said it until you started your meltdown
It doesn't even matter anymore. The info is now visible curtisy of Jetz.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:48:40 PM by Mr.Noßody »

Thanks.

You're one of the nicest, most reasonable Americans I know. /s
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:55:57 PM by Greek2me »

You went through the trouble to trace my IP through my Blockland ID. Who the forget does that normally?
Even though the info is "public", people don't normally look for it.
What I'm saying is that it really ticks me off that you went and just posted about it flat out.
Thanks.
You were the first to make a big deal about it. If you had just kept quiet about why you dislike the mod, I wouldn't have given a damn about you in the first place. But then you go and say "i live in mysteryland because discrimination :(" and sparked my curiosity. So yeah, I looked at your publicly available information just because you told me not to.

A mod that shows your nationality:
"I don't want that info known"

Logical response: "I'm going to dig up that info and post it publicly because he doesn't want it there!

Nice, real nice...

You're one of the nicest, most reasonable - I know. /s
So, I'm a jerk for being angry at somebody posting info about me directly against my wishes?
Sure.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:00:04 PM by Mr.Noßody »

A mod that shows your nationality:
"I don't want that info known"

Logical response: "I'm going to dig up that info and post it publicly because he doesn't want it there!

Nice, real nice...
So, I'm a jerk for being angry at somebody posting info about me directly against my wishes?
Sure.
It's not secret information, and you pretending that it is made me want to know, so I spent about two minutes looking it up. Then I posted it here because I figured someone else might want to know, so I thought I'd be nice and save them the trouble of looking for it. Again, if you don't want this information out there, you're free to stop using the internet whenever you like.

Now, for the last time.
The problem is NOT about the info being "public", but about how you went and posted it.
IPs are as public as a locked door. You can touch the door all you want but unless you have the key, what's behind it is not seen.

I don't care if you thought "others wanted to know", I told everybody flat out that I did not want that information put out like that. And you just went ahead and took the steps to do just that.
I wouldn't have cared at all if you looked it up for your own knowledge, but you posted it for everyone.
And yet somehow, Im the starfish for being rightfully mad at you.

Now, for the last time.
The problem is NOT about the info being "public", but about how you went and posted it.
IPs are as public as a locked door. You can touch the door all you want but unless you have the key, what's behind it is not seen.
That brown townogy hardly fits the circumstances; I didn't open a locked door to peek at what's behind it.

I don't care if you thought "others wanted to know", I told everybody flat out that I did not want that information put out like that. And you just went ahead and took the steps to do just that.
I wouldn't have cared at all if you looked it up for your own knowledge, but you posted it for everyone.
And yet somehow, Im the starfish for being rightfully mad at you.
Yeah maybe it wasn't very nice to do something just because you didn't want me to do it, but the specific thing I did was not inherently bad, so it's your problem if you get upset about it.

You can touch the door all you want
You can look at an IP all you want
but unless you have the key
but unless you trace it
what's behind it is not seen.
the info from the IP is not visible.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to explain my brown townogy..

Yeah maybe it wasn't very nice to do something just because you didn't want me to do it, but the specific thing I did was not inherently bad, so it's your problem if you get upset about it.
I don't care that its not "inherently bad", you went against my wishes because I voiced opinion and then was called an idiot for being rightful mad at you.
Sure that may be my problem, I just wanted to emphasize how much of a tool you are.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:49:59 PM by Mr.Noßody »

You can look at an IP all you wantbut unless you trace itthe info from the IP is not visible.

I was really hoping I wouldn't have to explain my brown townogy..
I don't care that its not "inherently bad", you went against my wishes because I voiced opinion and then was called an idiot for being rightful mad at you.
Sure that may be my problem, I just wanted to emphasize how much of a tool you are.

Okay, then... So I had the key to your door and I used it to open your door and see what's behind it. I'm not seeing the problem with this chain of metaphorical events. Unless maybe you want to claim you never gave me the key so I had no right to open your door, which is where the brown townogy would break down, because I don't need your permission to trace your IP.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:57:15 PM by -Jetz- »

would be nice with a client-side add-on that makes it so nobody can see your nationality

i mean look at this giant starfish fest with jetz and nobody
they're duking it out because of it

would be nice with a client-side add-on that makes it so nobody can see your nationality
That'd be impossible. If you use the internet, your IP is made available to what you're connecting to. The only way to hide your IP from servers using the mod - and consequently prevent your nationality from being determined from it - would be to not play Blockland online.

That'd be impossible. If you use the internet, your IP is made available to what you're connecting to. The only way to hide your IP from servers using the mod - and consequently prevent your nationality from being determined from it - would be to not play Blockland online.
darn

then holy damn stop having giant arguments

Okay, then... So I had the key to your door and I used it to open your door and see what's behind it. I'm not seeing the problem with this chain of metaphorical events. Unless maybe you want to claim you never gave me the key so I had no right to open your door, which is where the brown townogy would break down, because I don't need your permission to trace your IP.

How many times have I told you the problem?
The problem being you told everyone what was behind the door when I told you not to, if you really want to continue with my metaphor.

What you're not understanding is that there is no "door", there is no barrier. The internet is an open network and I don't think you quite understand how it works.

This is you: http://www.infobyip.com/ip-24.191.230.68.html

Why do you care if people know you're American, anyway? I'm American. Most of the people here are American. The people that aren't American don't care. Why do you?

ps: The local time listed on your profile also gives you away as East Coast USA/Canada :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:04:15 PM by Greek2me »