Game Design Megathread

Author Topic: Game Design Megathread  (Read 441264 times)

youre supposed to walk over the linedefs to end the level

i dunno why its not working for you

maybe try running it in the original zdoom like i do and see if that works

by the way new weapon

this hurts to look at

its just a poorly put together mish-mash of edited sprites with the message "i suck doraemon and rare's richard. forget all other good things".

we have loving opinions zach, you aren't the almighty god of opinions with the one true opinion. stop stuffting into a sheet of toilet paper and calling it a "game", and take a break from the damn forums until you realize how much of a forgetwad you've been
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 09:44:08 PM by Superfun909 »

id is knotting themselves as we speak

"hi guys i made a mod its all about my gay lover doraemon and how he kills stupid animals that fight for 20 minutes also he has a conker gun that shoots directly to the right also i dont know how to make mods"

ey what would be a good game engine aside from ue4 to make my own top-down gta 2 clone like game?

I've never scripted anything before in my life so I don't want any engine that requires a stuff ton of knowledge to do so if that's fine

this hurts to look at

its just a poorly put together mish-mash of edited sprites with the message "i suck doraemon and rare's richard. forget all other good things".

we have loving opinions zach, you aren't the almighty god of opinions with the one true opinion. stop stuffting into a sheet of toilet paper and calling it a "game", and take a break from the damn forums until you realize how much of a forgetwad you've been

I cant leave because saying that im leaving the forums will get me banned like what happened to my first account, so im here to stay, whether you people like it or not

I cant leave because saying that im leaving the forums will get me banned like what happened to my first account, so im here to stay, whether you people like it or not
have you tried not saying youre going to leave but leaving anyway #LifeHacks

I cant just log out and let that be the end of it, that would be amateur as hell.

i'm afraid you don't know the definition of the word 'amateur' my friend

I cant just log out and let that be the end of it, that would be amateur as hell.
i find it hard to believe that you care about being amateur

i cant even come up with a post to show how dum both these posts are

tho thats probably cause its 9:25 in the morning

you'd get b& for making it an unforgettable cinematic experience soooooooo

that's what Mocheeze did. was he an amateur? nope.

ey what would be a good game engine aside from ue4 to make my own top-down gta 2 clone like game?

I've never scripted anything before in my life so I don't want any engine that requires a stuff ton of knowledge to do so if that's fine
You might have a harder time trying to get UE4 blueprints working than just learning a language for something like Unity or GameMaker. Blueprints themselves are easy to use, but the documentation (official and community) is very lacking compared to the resources available for Unity. Trust me, I've tried learning blueprints myself but once I gave Unity a shot I found it a lot easier to get answers for C# issues.

If you REALLY don't want to learn code then try out GameMaker, it has plenty of blueprint-like options. I would still urge you to learn scripting instead, Unity and GameMaker are both great options.