Just had $400 stolen in bitcoin

Author Topic: Just had $400 stolen in bitcoin  (Read 2280 times)

Virus removed but I just lost $400 in bitcoin. I am pretty rattled and basically depressed.
Any help guys ;~;

just contact your bank's fruad department and they will reimburse you no problem.

oh thats right. you are a rebel that needed to be appart from the mainstream banking system and currency.
then you got the exact treatment you put yourself in. anon away!

at least my fake fiat usd can be stolen while my wealth cannot.
your fake money and wealth are trapped together, and disappear together.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:09:24 PM by Bisjac »

just contact your bank's fruad department and they will reimburse you no problem.

oh thats right. you are a rebel that needed to be appart from the mainstream banking system and currency.
then you got the exact treatment you put yourself in. anon away!
what? I couldn't access my paypal so I used bitcoin as an easy alternative. So quick to be such a richard.

don't you bit coin people keep your keys on a separate removable drive. also encrypted well.

I mean this is like you putting your ATM pin on the back of a bank card. like derp. a virus shouldn't have been able to do a thing.

im afraid bisjac is right

when you do bitcoin stuff you are prone to have problems

Or, better yet, keep your bitcoins stored offsite. Like, on blockchain. They're safe there, they won't get stolen, and if your harddrive crashes you're not stuff out of luck.

Or, better yet, keep your bitcoins stored offsite. Like, on blockchain. They're safe there, they won't get stolen, and if your harddrive crashes you're not stuff out of luck.
you run the risk of blockchain getting compromised

Which, compared to the risk of your computer getting compromised, is virtually null.

It's a lesser risk vs. your hdd dying or a similar situation

Your mom runs the risk of getting compromised!

write them down on paper. lock that stuff up fireproof, water proof. hidden from burglars.

isn't this what people have been doing with valuables for thousands of years? why does anyone think bit coins are any easier to secure Lol. if people wanna steal something, they will figure out how. you gotta be smart with your wealth.

why does anyone think bit coins are any easier to secure Lol.
Because Bitcoins are virtual. You can hide them on a server somewhere in an encrypted file that nobody can crack if you really want to. I'm not saying it's impossible to have them stolen, but compared to hiding a lump of gold or an art piece or simply tons of cash, bitcoins are easier to secure.

http://www.truecrypt.org/

This is what you should keep your wallet in.

10/10 most secure computer ever