Chronos's Labyrinth - Temporary Hiatus - Remind me to update via PM

Author Topic: Chronos's Labyrinth - Temporary Hiatus - Remind me to update via PM  (Read 2548 times)

Story

Michael is a descendant of the ancient Greek god of time, Chronos, but the generations have washed away the time-controlling powers of the family. Until now. The gods have been imprisoned by a great evil, and they have called upon Mike to venture through the labyrinth of time using powerful artifacts to save them!

Gameplay

Explore the region and stuff on the overworld by posting suggestions. Battles are turn based, so every party member gets to pull one move off. Then, the enemies do their attacks. Some moves are free, but others will cost energy. Energy is what powers magical, technological, or other fancy moves. Characters start will 30*Magic/Tech energy, and recover 10 every turn. They also have 30*Melee health, which, you know, depletes on hit. Characters with higher Ranged have better luck. There are also status ailments, like burn, freeze, poison, regeneration, slowness, paralyzation, etc.

Inventory

Characters

Name: Michael Khron
Weapon: Time Breaker - An ancient sword that once belonged to Chronos. Allows some manipulation of time.
Melee: ★★★★☆
Magic/Tech: ★★★☆☆
Ranged: ★★☆☆☆
Personality: Heroic, if lazy at at times. Has a laid-back, humorous aura around him.
Race: Demigod
Special: Can use time crystals to jump through time, and has the ability to manipulate time freely in small amounts.
Moveset:
  • Slash - Cuts enemies with the Time Breaker. Energy cost: 0.
  • Dopple - Grab yourself from after the battle to fight with you! Energy cost: 90.
  • Time Out - Freezes an enemy in time for 3 turns. Energy cost: 30.

Name: Lehs Esro
Weapon: A staff based on the Greek symbols Upsilon and Phi.
Melee: ★★☆☆☆
Magic/Tech: ★★★★☆
Ranged: ★★★☆☆
Personality: He's always tired, groggy, and generally a huge starfish.
Special: Lehs is a friend cosplay fanatic and cosplay'd Saradomin from runescape. He liked his costume so much that he never took it off.
The staff is off but he spent all his money on everything else, so when his dog was digging in his backyard and found a staff, he had to take it.
The staff gave him demigod powers at touch, even though his dog had touched it beforehand. Either the Greek hate furries, or this was meant for him.
Moveset:
  • Spiritus Contritio - Basic magic attack, launches a sphere of condensed energy at the enemy. Energy cost: 0.
  • Devoveo - Target(s) take 20% more damage for 1 round. Energy cost: 10.
  • Confortamini - Target(s) have an amount of health taken from them to heal party members Energy cost: 20.
  • Deus, Cujus Iræ - Party members deal more damage for 3 turns. Energy cost: 40.

Name: Kenneth Garbeiche
Weapon: A silver bow that he found
Ranged: ★★★★☆
Personality: Usually quiet doesn't speak much. When he does he gets himself into trouble. In school he's always hated people and being around them, likes being alone.
Race: Human
Special: He never really had any family/friends, so being alone is OK and he can't go insane from being alone.
Moveset:
  • Attack- Regular attack. Energy cost: 0.
  • Barrage- Shower all enemies with many arrows. Energy cost: 10 per enemy.
  • Fugus- Arrow is on fire and inflicts the fire debuff. Energy cost: 30.
  • Distraction- Throw a rock to distract an enemy. Energy cost: 20.
Name: Hera
Weapon: Slimeballs/fists

Melee: ★★★☆☆
Personality: Total sweetheart. Extremely affectionate, but is terrible at hiding it
Race: Gelatin
Special: Cannot be damaged by lightning or falling, but extremely susceptible to the cold. Can break herself down into a liquid form and be carried around, any objects she's carrying, however, cannot.
Moveset:
Slimeball- Throws a ball of her slime and regenerates it (Energy: 0, deals 5 damage to herself)
Punch- Stretches out her limbs and punches the enemy (Energy: 0)
Absorb- Allows her to trap an enemy inside her (Energy: 20)
Liquify- Transforms into a liquid state (Energy: 30)

TEMPLATE:

Name: What your character will be called.
Weapon: What your character fights with. Can be nothing.
Note: The following should use the symbols ★☆, and together they must equal 9.
Melee: A ranking out of 5 stars on how good your character is with a melee weapon. Also affects endurance.
Magic/Tech: A ranking out of 5 stars on how adept your character is with magic or technology. Also affects intelligence.
Ranged: A ranking out of 5 stars on how well your character can aim a bow or gun. Also affects luck.
Personality: What's your character's personality?
Race: Possible answers are Human, Demigod, Undead (zombies, ghosts, etc.), Gelatin (slime creatures), Plant, Animal (humanoid or not)
Cyborg and Robot can be unlocked in the future.
Gender: Male or female - plants and gelatins can be genderless.
Special: Optional characteristics about your character
Moveset:
  • List the moves your character has. I will do energy cost myself.
Beginning

???: Hey, Michael.
???: Oh, wonderful, he's sleeping.
???: Wake up.
???: HEY! WAKE UP!

Zeus: Finally. I'm speaking to you from inside a cage in the Underworld, and my name is Zeus. You may have heard of me in school, but half the myths they teach you are untrue. Anyway, I don't have much time, so here's the deal. You're a descendant of the god of time, Chronos, but because of all the breeding with mortals you don't really retain your powers. I'm going to give you Chronos's sword, which might return some of your powers. I and the other gods need you to go into the Museum of History and get the ancient Greek artifact. You'll know which one it is, you'll feel the power as a demigod. Come free us. Now, you best wake up, because it's 10:30, and back when we were still being worshipped, people got up at dawn. Best of luck.
Michael: What the hell? Who said that?

Michael: Huh, must have been a dreaaa... is that a sword?

>_
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:28:59 PM by TristanLuigi »

>Go back to sleep, disregard the sword

>Pick up the sword, then have a sudden interest in history museums that contain Greek artifacts

Special: Lehs is a friend cosplay fanatic and cosplay'd Saradomin from runescape. He liked his costume so much that he never took it off.
The staff is off but he spent all his money on everything else, so when his dog was digging in his backyard and found a staff, he had to take it.
The staff gave him demigod powers at touch, even though his dog had touched it beforehand. Either the Greek hate furries, or this was meant for him.
Moveset:
  • Spiritus Contritio - Basic magic attack, launches a sphere of condensed energy at the enemy.
  • Devoveo - Target(s) take 20% more damage.
  • Confortamini - Target(s) have an amount of health taken from them to heal party members.
  • Deus, Cujus Iræ - Party members deal more damage for 3 turns.

omg he used my sprite edit

omg he used my sprite edit
Sorry I assumed I didn't need permission because you said you didn't
I honestly had no idea you edited it ;_;

I have another template I could use, if you want me to.

Moveset:
  • Spiritus Contritio - Basic magic attack, launches a sphere of condensed energy at the enemy.
  • Devoveo - Target(s) take 20% more damage.
  • Confortamini - Target(s) have an amount of health taken from them to heal party members.
  • Deus, Cujus Iræ - Party members deal more damage for 3 turns.
Demigods are descendants of gods, and the restorative power things of the weapon in the OP only work because it's a relic of his ancestry. However, he's a good character, so accepted.

EDIT: stuff meant to be an edit of the above post, not a double post :(
oh well

HOLY stuff WHAT THE HELL!?
Why is- oh. Oh.
Michael feels a strong pulse of energy coming from his heart and the sword. He walks out of his house, invigorated for his adventure.

Michael: Uh. How do I... wha...

Michael: Uh. How do I... wha...

idk if i really like this style

chopping up sprites from other games

idk if i really like this style

chopping up sprites from other games
:(
I have no spriting skill but I wanted to make an adventure :c

Personality: Usually quiet doesn't speak much. When he does he gets himself into trouble. In school he's always hated people and being around them, likes being alone.
Special: He never really had any family/friends, so being alone is OK and he can't go insane from being alone.
Moveset:
  • Attack- Regular attack
  • Barrage- Shower the enemy with many arrows
  • Fugus- Arrow is on fire and does more damage.
  • Distraction- Throw a rock to distract an enemy

Moveset:
  • Attack- Regular attack. Energy cost: 0.
  • Barrage- Shower all enemies with many arrows. Energy cost: 10 per enemy.
  • Fugus- Arrow is on fire and inflicts the fire debuff. Energy cost: 30.
  • Distraction- Throw a rock to distract an enemy. Energy cost: 20.
Accepted with some edits (Barrage affects all enemies, Fugus inflicts fire)

What are my energy costs?

What are my energy costs?
stuff, it was in the OP but I had two edits in different tabs and only applied one :S
also can you guys actually suggest an action.

>Call your parents and tell them an elf is hiding in your copypasted tree.
>Converse with the elf.