Author Topic: Circuit Scribe - THE FUTURE IS NOW  (Read 1673 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYWvc6LZy1s

YOU CAN LITERALLY DOODLE UP A loving CIRCUITBOARD.
Of course it doesn't also light up and logic-gate itself on its own -- they also sell various electronic bits and bobs for you to work with that new 20XX pen of yours. You can make really cool stuff with it -- it's also compatible with Arduino and other gadgets.

KICKSTART THIS stuff
(it's got $380k in roughly ten days and still has 32 to go -- and it just asked for $50k in the first place)

A lot of people are doing this now which is cool.

For my own stuff I'd rather have a printing solution that can print on different materials and has higher power capabilities. The stated limits on this pen are kind of low.

Are you kidding me they exceeded their funding goal 4 times and still have 32 days left?

with the amount of metal ink that the pen puts out, you'd think it would run out very very fast

with the amount of metal ink that the pen puts out, you'd think it would run out very very fast
Then you have to refill it with expensive silver ink

I cringed when I thought it said Circuit Shibe.
But no that's really cool.

For my own stuff I'd rather have a printing solution that can print on different materials and has higher power capabilities. The stated limits on this pen are kind of low.
It seems they also manufacture conductive Inkjet and some press printing inks for less casual purposes, would be pretty cool to see circuit bases printed onto fabrics though. I can imagine home-made singing birthday cards turning up using this product, domestic hacking products are just plain good.

woah this is really cool
my dad would probably love something like this

thats cool. you can do this with a pencil also since its graphite, but i guess it's not that effective.

It seems they also manufacture conductive Inkjet and some press printing inks for less casual purposes, would be pretty cool to see circuit bases printed onto fabrics though. I can imagine home-made singing birthday cards turning up using this product, domestic hacking products are just plain good.
A few weeks ago I saw a company starting to put out inkjet solutions that could print on pcbs and fabrics. Forgot the name but I'm sure a quick Google search will bring it back up.

fake edit: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cartesianco/the-ex1-rapid-3d-printing-of-circuit-boards