Looking to Persuade My Mom For an Airsoft Gun

Author Topic: Looking to Persuade My Mom For an Airsoft Gun  (Read 953 times)

[Now, first of all, I am (almost) 14, but please don't go crazy about me being "too young" for an airsoft gun.]

The story starts when I was around 12 years old. My cousin had a bunch of airsoft guns (he's 17 and was 15 back then) and showed them to me. I was astonished at how real they looked, as became interested in them. Then, on Memorial Day weekend in 2013, my uncle brought an airsoft pistol with him to the place in Pennsylvania. He let me shoot a round of about 8 or 10. I was surprised of how light it was and how easy it was to shoot. I instantly wished to have one, but knew I wouldn't have a place to shoot it. Moving on, recently my friend (hatzarcool on Blockland) bought a pistol and a sniper. In his garage were some targets, and I loved shooting the guns for hours. Now, on Black Friday, he bought an M16, and then I was really... influenced I guess. Before, he took me to this airsoft arena in Central New Jersey (www.theairsoftfactory.com) and I loved the feel of the gun and shooting it. So, I asked my dad earlier this weekend, and he said that he'd agree to it, but I'd have to ask my mom. And mom's are... they don't agree to these things. And mine didn't.

How could I persuade her to at least allow me to use them or buy a cheap(er) one? Any ideas?

why exactly doesn't she let you

14 isn't too young for an airsoft gun

save your own money and buy one

You'll shoot your eye out

why exactly doesn't she let you
I can't because she says that I'm way too young for these things (hell even Nerf and water guns) and tha I'll become a serial killer when I grow up.

You'll shoot your eye out
very good point

i suggest you get the "Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time"

I can't because she says that I'm way too young for these things (hell even Nerf and water guns) and tha I'll become a serial killer when I grow up.
well it seems your mom is too stupid to convince

normally I'd take offense to this but I have to agree with you

you have to be 18 or over to buy one

unless you buy one online

yeah OP do that

yeah OP do that
my friend picked one up at a store and some protection and they just gave it to him, no questions asked. He's 14.

yeah OP do that
No...? At least not in all states.

LOL

Glad I have a military mom who let's me do airsoft.

At least his mom's not stupid enough to make this.

At least his mom's not stupid enough to make this.
-snip-
Almost looks like Pandan made it.