Need help. Need snow tires.

Author Topic: Need help. Need snow tires.  (Read 983 times)

hey blocklanders. I need some internetting assistance cuz I'm driving for the next 11 hours and its not easy to Google around while using mobile sites (also hard to while driving)

I hella need snow tires/all season tires? whatever they called. for my car. and urgently Lol. Cuz my car cannot even touch slightly slushy/icy/ 1/4th inch snow. and you know, I live in Minnesota and its that season. at home it just snowed and I may not even be able to drive into the city.

new rims aren't an option, because of all the brake sensors and bs and I just wanna use them again, so I'll need snow tires for 215/45 18inch.

I can take local (area code 55125) or order online. whatever.
I need 4 of em, and basically cheaper the better cuz I'll only use them for the season anyways.

thx if anyone takes the time XD

you could probably buy tires off of amazon or something. they have everything, but i do hear that the rubber they get is taken from african slaves.

buy some off the nearest pizza place

I wish I had snow tires to give. Or not give. I wish I had snow tires. :(

cover your tires in double sided tape

Dont think hes willing to spend 1k on tires
tirerack has them for $748 which still isn't cheap
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=X-Ice+Xi3&partnum=145HR8XI3XL
and honestly those were the cheapest i could find winter tires are not cheap at all

now of course bisjac could go to some local tire shops and look at off-band tires

you can't be cheap when you're buying tires
bisjac you drive a mustang?
I think he drives a lancer

The brakes on my van's front right side are going out.  Dad can't fix them yet, and if they go out in the snow, it's really going to suck.

I have a set of Avalanche X-TREME snow tires on my car. Ran them last year in the snow and was satisfied. They handle well enough in dry conditions too. Reviews online show similar experiences.

They were like $470 with installation, balancing, etc for me I think so not terribly expensive. They are from Hercules which I believe is one of the brands manufactured by Cooper and have a decent warranty as well.

From the sound of it you want us to actually find you a set you can buy and get installed before heading into the frozen hellscape that is Minnesota. Can't help in that regard right now but maybe someone else wants to investigate.

you could probably buy tires off of amazon or something. they have everything, but i do hear that the rubber they get is taken from african slaves.
What in hell are you talking about?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 08:18:27 PM by Otis Da HousKat »

He's a "millionaire" though!

get some old rusty nails and drive them in all over the tires so they stick out about a quarter inch maybe?

He's a "millionaire" though!
Yeah and Taboo was a teacher but we all saw where that went.