Author Topic: The Marines finally called me.  (Read 20053 times)

my brother is going to syria in like 3 hours and his girlfriend already left him for some truck driver

good luck

I guess you can say things are getting pretty SYRIOUS!   :cookieMonster:

Watch "Full Metal Jacket" again. That's what will happen to you :3

Watch "Full Metal Jacket" again. That's what will happen to you :3
Except the Vietnam War ended decades ago.

I guess you can say things are getting pretty SYRIOUS!   :cookieMonster:

remember when you tried to convince me that i was a monster who didn't know anything about "true" love? if i had known that then, i would have just ignored you (i dont mean any offence, i'm sure your skype sessions are really emotional!!!)

you're a moron if you're going to ruin a potential career for some needy bitch you've only seen 7 times. and you want to marry this chick? wtf? 7 times man, that's all you've got. you don't even know what living with her is like and you're making claims like that?
lmao i didn't see where he only met her seven times

I'll just have to give this dream up because I have a more important dream of marrying her and joining her band and helping her make it as far as she can with her musical dream and having a happy life with her.

Or join the Marines and have a well paying job and financial security for the future

all enlisted people say that. if they believe what they were told or are currently living comfortably while they serve and dont realize it yet. i dont know.

but EVERY ONE OF THEM becomes a vet and cant stfu about how they cant get by, cant get the healthcare they need, cant retire, need more money bla blah, baby the entitled.

its like the country has an amnesia issue or something. or all seem to think "well it has failed for everyone else before me, but i feel lucky!"

all enlisted people say that. if they believe what they were told or are currently living comfortably while they serve and dont realize it yet. i dont know.

but EVERY ONE OF THEM becomes a vet and cant stfu about how they cant get by, cant get the healthcare they need, cant retire, need more money bla blah, baby the entitled.

its like the country has an amnesia issue or something. or all seem to think "well it has failed for everyone else before me, but i feel lucky!"

can i get some data to back your claims bro because i doubt every single military personnel gets screwed over

or they could be smart and just go to college right after they do their time

holy semantics batman!

obviously not 100% of them.
Please learn to context.

yeah i get called out by blocklanders wanting sources all the time for what is essentially common knowledge.

suddenly IM the lying starfish because unlike them, i dont live under a rock.

maybe menen should loving open a news site or turn on a tv for once in the last 30 years.
everyone has heard of the struggles by vets for appropriate benefits, ptsd care they are not getting, veteran hospitals that cant afford to keep any of them for more then a few nights, monthly checks that cant be lived on.

its really no different then anyones situation. personal living is becoming more expensive, there isnt as much money to give out these days.

-1 + -1

im not saying that that doesn't happen, im saying it doesn't happen to every single one of them

im not saying that that doesn't happen, im saying it doesn't happen to every single one of them

lol
Denseland forums.

No stuff. You're too involved in the wording. You're ignoring the point of his post.

Example.

All kids know who spongebob is.

Obviously not ALL KIDS.
But the point is that MAJORILY, kids know who spongebob is.

I'm not going to sit here and try to explain how to particpate in a discussion without choaking on word choice.
But I had to.

so my dad retired from the air force and he's making nearly $3,000 a month for the rest of his life in retirement pay on top of what he earns at his current job which earns him almost $4,000 a month, and it was a job he got pretty easily considering he was the only candidate with more than 20 years experience in the armed services. considering he owns his own home, 5 vehicles, has no credit card debt to speak of and still manages to raise a family and keep an active social life it seems to me like time in the military can be good for anyone lol
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 02:12:35 PM by Stocking »

unless you die, and you don't live, because you're dead.
you could join the military and become a drone,

or you can persue something unique and for the better of mankind. Like an area in science that can help mankind move forward instead of producing technology to kill each other.

but thats too hawrd, so qq