Author Topic: Selective Mutism  (Read 1874 times)

Selective Mutism is when you choose not to talk.
Would you do it?
I would, and likely I would try to do it for as long as it is possible for me to keep it up.
Though everyone who surrounds me would shun me and hate me if I did it...

i'd rather not because being social > not being social

you'll never beat gordon freeman

Honestly no, I feel that would be absolutely handicapped to do as it makes you look like one of those neck bearded free-thinkers.

why would do you this completely intentionally

actually, it's not just "when you choose not to talk"
it's been proven to be a legitimate psychological disorder that has only recently come to light
i gotta say it's pretty weird

My sister muted herself for like 3 years and only recently started talking again

My sister muted herself for like 3 years and only recently started talking again

stuff... what was that like?

i don't talk in front of people who aren't my parents, but that's not because i'm physically incapable of doing so or anything, i'm just extremely uncomfortable around strangers
so i guess maybe that could be considered "choosing" not to talk because i could technically force myself to talk but idk

i don't talk in front of people who aren't my parents, but that's not because i'm physically incapable of doing so or anything, i'm just extremely uncomfortable around strangers
so i guess maybe that could be considered "choosing" not to talk because i could technically force myself to talk but idk
What really? You don't talk to anybody other than your parents? Ever?

How are you ever going to survive in the future? You have to talk to people sometime

I'm having a hard time believing this.

What a terrible excuse for being a social outcast.

stuff... what was that like?
After the first year everybody was pretty much used to it and after two years she hardly existed anymore. When she did start talking again I first heard her on the telephone and didn't really believe it was her cause she sounded so much like my older sister.
I'm having a hard time believing this.
So am I, 3 years is way to long
I can barely go an hour before I start talking to myself

The shooter of Vtech was a selective mute.