Author Topic: [VIDEO] Car...with souuund.  (Read 4435 times)

Isn't that the point of the gallery forum, to show off your creations?
...Excellent point. I hadn't thought of that. Gallery's subtitle might as well be "ploys for stroking."

...Excellent point. I hadn't thought of that. Gallery's subtitle might as well be "ploys for stroking."
"ploys for stroking" implies that it's a bad thing. I think there's nothing wrong with it since there's a separate section for it. Plus I enjoy scrolling through gallery and looking at the cool stuff people made; it always gives me ideas for things to make.

Only on the Blockland Forums.
Can we just stay on topic? I really do need input on ideas for the car to make it completely satisfactory.

Only on the Blockland Forums.
Can we just stay on topic? I really do need input on ideas for the car to make it completely satisfactory.
It sounds weird that it keeps shifting gears. At max speed you should just loop the sound of the engine at max revs.

I also suggest to reduce the volume of the gear shift a bit

Was the car sound recorded from a racetrack? Because I think I hear crowd cheering in the background of the engine sound. Idk... But still cool.

That's wind.

The max speed engine loop is a problemo. Looping the engine sound will sound just as weird because it'll increase in speed, then decrease, then increase.

Sooo, not expecting everybody to be riding straight like that, it should be fine.

Honestly, most Blockland cars reach top speed in a matter of seconds, similar to Saints Row 2 and that sounded wierd as stuff. Believe me, it make the player believe they're gaining speed and give the thrill of a high momentum.

Honestly, most Blockland cars reach top speed in a matter of seconds, similar to Saints Row 2 and that sounded wierd as stuff. Believe me, it make the player believe they're gaining speed and give the thrill of a high momentum.
The highest speed sound requires the vehicle to be going straight, or as fast as it can, for a few seconds. It doesn't activate at the same interval than usual, and when it does activate, it (atleast to me) feels just as awesome.

dont worry guys pandan is always right because he is cooler and better than all of us and we should all listen to him 8)

(this is blatant sarcasm)

also you should totally release this

Few weird maybe "Problems" with the sounds.

1. The gear shift sound seems weird when you don't even move your  right hand down.

2. When you turn slightly, it sounds like if your drifting out-of-control.

3. Great idea, I like what you just did.

Few weird maybe "Problems" with the sounds.

1. The gear shift sound seems weird when you don't even move your  right hand down.
Let's just pretend that all the cars in Blockland are automatic or it have paddle-shifts haha
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 04:29:21 PM by Filipe »

Let's just pretend that all the cars in Blockland are automatic or it have gearshifts behind the steering wheel haha

lol

Let's just pretend that all the cars in Blockland are automatic or it have gearshifts behind the steering wheel haha
paddle-shift