Author Topic: What is wrong with these events?  (Read 806 times)

Hey everyone, I'm trying to make a small rendition of a shop system for a game I am making. But I cannot seem to figure out how to make it so when I buy a weapon, it subtracts the points! Help?? Also, If this is in the wrong section let me know and I will lock it.

the last box on the first line is for designating target event lines. you want it to read " 1 4 "

I changed it to 1 4 and it didn't work at all.. I can't buy the item if I do not have the required points but when I do it doesn't subtract the points.

for subtracting score, just do addScore -5

for subtracting score, just do addScore -5
Thank you that worked!!! IncScore btw ;)

and subsequently set the box to 1 5

and subsequently set the box to 1 5
Why? I didn't add another line, I just edited one.

sure you're putting it in exactly right? last box on first line should be a 1, then space, then 4.

Why? I didn't add another line, I just edited one.
oops right
sure you're putting it in exactly right? last box on first line should be a 1, then space, then 4.
Thank you that worked!!! IncScore btw ;)

Or you can leave the last box on line 0 blank, and it will trigger all of the onVariable__ inputs on the brick. Why did you put 7?

I changed it to 1 4 and it didn't work at all.. I can't buy the item if I do not have the required points but when I do it doesn't subtract the points.
For future reference, "didn't work at all" doesn't apply to when 3 out of 4 events don't work

Last box in line 0 needs to be "1 4".

Also, really needs to be in help.

Or you can leave the last box on line 0 blank, and it will trigger all of the onVariable__ inputs on the brick. Why did you put 7?

For future reference, "didn't work at all" doesn't apply to when 3 out of 4 events don't work
Good point. And I think I put 7 by mistake.