Author Topic: Steam virus?  (Read 2048 times)

So I got this message from a firned on Steam.

"rblueface[Jack]: Listen. If two people by name (NisseFar and Nivek) wants to add you to their list, not accept. It is a virus.Tell it to everyone on your list because if one person on your list adds him or her, you get it too. It is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. Please pass it on to everyone on your list. We need to find out who it is"

I called for BS but it turned out to be not just a joke. So yeah, just giving you guys a heads up.

I've seen plenty of these before

what a terrible copy and paste

dont do it

also

be wary of rule 11

I just got 2 of these from 2 different friends

What's this firned you speak of? Is It a new race?

"POST THIS IN 5 VIDEOS AND YOUR TRUE LOVE WILL KISS YOU TOMORROW NO JOKE AND IF YOU DON'T YOU'LL HAVE THE WORST DAY OF YOUR LIFE!!!"

That kind of stuff. He's just asking people to pass on a legitimate(?) warning.

someone really had a grudge on those 2 people

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ChainmailsSuck
This had been around for at least 3 years.
This does seem to fall under chainmail, gj

Are you telling me you legitimately believe that adding a person to your friends list opens up your harddrive to be wiped

how do you get a virus from adding someone as a friend on steam?

guys it happened to me it sounds impossible and I have no idea how but one of my friends had it happen and then my comp shut down and its dead

Ohgod lol  :cookieMonster:

on my old computer i got a lot of pop ups in steam advertising "DOWNLOAD AVPLAYER HERE" buttons

so i think its definitely possible to infect steam

on my old computer i got a lot of pop ups in steam advertising "DOWNLOAD AVPLAYER HERE" buttons

so i think its definitely possible to infect steam
That was probably external adware. A scan with Spybot S&D would deal with it.