Author Topic: Sony Vegas- opening eyes in first person  (Read 1570 times)

So you know that one effect in movies and games where it shows someone waking up in first person? Like you see the eyelid of the person opening and everything becoming more clear?

Does anybody have any idea how this might be done in Sony Vegas? I tried replicating it with cookie cutters and blur effects and that sort of thing, but the problem is that I can't make an eye shape opening and closing. In fact, I don't think I can make the cookie cutter change its shape at all. It's either one shape or another. So right now I basically have a circle that grows and shrinks instead of an eye opening and closing, it looks a bit odd.

I tried looking up tutorials, but unless there's a name for this effect that I couldn't think of, I don't think any kind of tutorial for this exists. Any suggestions?

Could you try creating an eyelid image in some other image editing software and blurring the edges of it and then inserting it onto your footage and then animating it?  I don't have Vegas but hopefully I helped.

Don't have sony vegas, but I'd use two concave circles and overlap them, blur the edges. Then they'd open at the same time, half-way once or twice for effect.

concave circles
This is not a thing.

Download after effects. Create a black solid layer, make an elliptical mask in the center to desired height and length. Feather it, animate as needed.

Download after effects. Create a black solid layer, make an elliptical mask in the center to desired height and length. Feather it, animate as needed.

you don't need after effects for this.

you don't need after effects for this.

its easier to do it the way he said, i've done that before