Author Topic: 3D Studs  (Read 3365 times)

Right now i'm just experimenting. Unfortunately they're incredibly slow, I'm not sure how I can make it not so horrible.

I'm also contemplating placing them as bricks where appropriate, but that will raise the brick count tremendously.

I wish this game could have nice things. :( What do you guys think?

I don't want this thread to look like i'm seeking attention, I just don't know what the hell to do.

OT: I can't help but, that's loving amazing.

I don't want this thread to look like i'm seeking attention, I just don't know what the hell to do.
No need for this last bit, you aren't seeking attention, you're showing off your innovative idea which lets face it, nobody has tried before. Good work. It'd be really nice to see this up and working.
Good luck

It's been done multiple times before with the exact same outcome: super loving laggy

What ever happened to those brick things that were being shown off long ago that were flat but were affected by lighting almost like it was a normal map? I don't recall how long ago it was, but it looked nice and ran pretty smoothly

enjoy the lag
That's the issue I need help with. Read the loving OP.

It looks much, much, much better than the default studs. I think this looks like a white chocolate Kit Kat bar.

That's the issue I need help with. Read the loving OP.

Talk to Badspot about it, he's the only one who knows what's up with Blockland's engine. Maybe he already tried his but couldn't get further due to limitations or w/e.

Zapk is full of great ideas.

no way to handle it well
things are as they are now for a reason

no way to handle it well
things are as they are now for a reason
But if the studs were rendered using the octree and the fxDTSBrick itself, it could be a LOT less laggy.

But Badspot doesn't really add things like this anymore.

This engine my god. It keeps holding us back.