[OFFICIAL TRAILER] Blockland Trailer 2013

Author Topic: [OFFICIAL TRAILER] Blockland Trailer 2013  (Read 11101 times)

me gusta

How do you manage so many of those camera angles? Sweet cheezits
magic

it's done
prepare for steam release
and a ton of noobs

haha I loved the ryno-v blasting into dubstep.

it was lots of fun taking part in this. good job everybody, and good job eksi.

I'm really conflicted about this.  The trailer is awesome, but the dubstep is really distracting and doesn't fit at all.

Please; let me do an alternative soundtrack before you "send this off to Badspot".
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 06:26:04 AM by Plastiware »

10/10, Song is getting stuck in my head and I'm replaying it like mad.

I'm really conflicted about this.  The trailer is awesome, but the dubstep is really distracting and doesn't fit at all.

Please; let me do an alternative soundtrack before you "send this off to Badspot".
1. This is not dubstep.

2. It does fit, the trailer was built around the theme of the song.

3. Too late, Badspot's approval triggered the public viewing of the video.

10/10, Song is getting stuck in my head and I'm replaying it like mad.

1. This is not dubstep.

2. It does fit, the trailer was built around the theme of the song.

3. Too late, Badspot's approval triggered the public viewing of the video.
The music is a literal clusterforget. It's even called Clusterfunk.
I hate it, its' a mish-mash of music genres and there's a bit of dubstep there.
And plastiware can make his song fit in the trailer's theme too, so that's a non-issue.

I hate it, its' a mish-mash of music genres and there's a bit of dubstep there.
And plastiware can make his song fit in the trailer's theme too, so that's a non-issue.

I really like it imo, it fits every scenes and themes (dubstep for violent, flute for spooky, violins for airport, etc..)

Getting some mixed feelings about the music, especially the dubstep part, but I had to listen to this thing about two dozen times between first hearing it, imagining scenes to it, making a timeline, and finally editing over it. I feel good about the way it fits. It's impossible to please everyone.

That was dubstep? I didn't even realize that. I like the music. It fits really well with the video.

Getting some mixed feelings about the music, especially the dubstep part, but I had to listen to this thing about two dozen times between first hearing it, imagining scenes to it, making a timeline, and finally editing over it. I feel good about the way it fits. It's impossible to please everyone.

You can't please everyone, but certain genres and styles are going to be more polarizing than others.  If you give me a chance, I'm sure I could come up with something that matches the video just as well while having a generally broader appeal.

And hey, if you don't like it, you don't have to use it.  That's just my offer.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:13:52 AM by Plastiware »

The biggest thing that's bothering me about the music, though, is that it's not memorable to me.
I literally forgot the entirety of the song after hearing it for the first time, and due to my bias with wubstep it only left bad taste in my mouth.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:06:35 AM by Crystalwarrior »

Beautiful. Glad I could be there for some of it.

I literally forgot the entirety of the song after hearing it for the first time, and due to my bias with wubstep it only left bad taste in my mouth.
Clutterfunk. It's cluttered. It's full of things some people like and some people don't and some people will have a bad experience and then talk about it all day until people want to rip their head off. It's PERFECT for Blockland.

Something about how you didn't even spell it right or 'remember' the rest makes me imagine you reaching 0:45 and just being like AH forget and running back here to yell about it.

Sorry, Plastiware. Maybe if you didn't make music that sounds like old Runescape and contacted me some time in the 22 days I was publicly planning the trailer instead of literally a few hours before I intended to release the finished video.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 07:26:11 AM by Eksi »