Author Topic: How to start a dedicated server with the steam version?  (Read 947 times)

Before I had the steam version I could run a dedicated internet server and a client of blockland at the same time. Is this still possible? It's very useful to be able to close the window and not stop hosting.

If not, could something be added to the steam tools to allow the hosting of one?

NOEDIT: Adding "-dedicated" to the profile path works but I can't start a normal blockland client afterwards. Steam won't let more than one instance of an app run at a time.

try going to the steamapps folder and launching from there using a dedicated.bat like before

try going to the steamapps folder and launching from there using a dedicated.bat like before
okay.

STILLNOEDIT: "Please run the game via launcher.exe." Is there any way to run a dedicated other than that way? I don't know the launcher bypass code and I don't think anyone's dying to tell me.

Is there no blocklandlauncher in the

Of course there isn't...

I don't know.

Create a shortcut on the desktop by right-clicking, pressing new, then shortcut.

Paste this into the location box: "%PROGRAMFILES%\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\Blockland.exe" ptlaaxobimwroe -dedicated -map skylands

if it gives you an error then try pasting this instead: "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\Blockland.exe" ptlaaxobimwroe -dedicated -map skylands

After successful continue the wizard until done, then open the shortcut.

why do you need -map skylands

while the launcher bypass code isn't bannable, badspot doesn't like it spread around. however, we're past the launcher into steam auto update... maybe he'll allow it?

-map skylands is the way it appears on the old dedicated shortcuts.

Also he no longer has the launcher so in theory this is the only way I know how to do it.

Create a shortcut on the desktop by right-clicking, pressing new, then shortcut.

Paste this into the location box: "%PROGRAMFILES%\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\Blockland.exe" ptlaaxobimwroe -dedicated -map skylands

if it gives you an error then try pasting this instead: "%PROGRAMFILES(x86)%\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\Blockland.exe" ptlaaxobimwroe -dedicated -map skylands
thanks.
hope there's a better way to do it soon
After successful continue the wizard until done, then open the shortcut.