Author Topic: Blockland Problems?  (Read 1054 times)

Since the newest update, several things have went wrong with my Blockland.

1. Cannot Host: I was able to host before? I have port forwarded.

2. Cannot open Console using ~ : For some reason I can't even open my console

3. Cannot use quotation marks : The '/" key does not type in-game. I press it and it's as if the button doesn't work

Any help resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

~Gothboy

I believe I may be able to help with your first problem, I will need a bit more detail first however. When you say "I'm unable to host." do you mean you cannot actually press "Start Server" or are the people joining your server getting challenge requests and punch packets?

people joining your server getting challenge requests and punch packets?
This

try port forwarding again. do you have a static ip? if you don't know what that is, you don't have it and need to port forward again.

can you try binding a command to "/'? does it work in chat or whenever it is pressed..?

post console.log

Here you are sir

you aren't running through steam?

it appears to be trying to use upnp
double check all your port forwarding is right, then make it not use upnp in the advanced settings menu

This
Okay, this may not work for you but I was getting the same problem with challenge requests and punch packets and tried the following;
Go to Host a Server, then make sure the server is set to Internet, then go to  the Advanced section and make sure the Port (at top) is 28000. If everything was as I said, go and change the server to SINGLEPLAYER. Wait until you spawn and then close the server. Go back to Host a Server and set it to INTERNET now, after you host it; IT MAY WORK (at least it did for me.) Unfortunately I have no clue on how to help you with your other problems.

The issue seems to have resolved itself :? weird...

Anyways it's fixed I guess lol

The issue seems to have resolved itself :? weird...

Anyways it's fixed I guess lol
you listed 3

have all 3 resolved?

Well just when I thought it fixed itself it went back to being handicapped.

I fixed my hosting issue, I forgot to re-set my static ip on this hard drive (just switched hard drives a few days ago)

As for the other 2 issues, they still remain, but get this:

When I first start Blockland, everything works. When I join a server, during the loading screen I can open console and I can use my apostrophe key as usual. But as soon as I spawn, the key "breaks" and so does the "~" key to open console. If I leave and rejoin, they no longer work during the loading screen. Instead I have to restart Blockland, and the same thing happens, they work only on the loading screen, once spawned they break, and then they never work again, until Blockland is restarted.

This is really frustrating >.<

Ok I fixed it, for real this time. I found this old topic: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=185490.10;wap2
which explained what to do. I can't believe it was that easy to fix lol

Code: [Select]
1 - Open your Start Menu and click on "Control Panel"
2 - (If needed, search for it in the bar at the bottom)
3 - Click on "Classic View" if it is not already selected
4 - Click on "Device Manager" after the list populates
5 - Find "Human Interface Devices" and click the plus sign
6 - Right-click on "Microsoft eHome Infared Transceiver"
7 - Select "Uninstall" - this is completely safe to do

Blockland now works fine and this topic can be locked. Thanks