Poll

Do you (even if you already are/have)...

Wish you could be homeschooled?
Wish you could go to a private/public school?
Not care either way?
Want to drop out of school?
Want to play Blockland until the day you die?

Author Topic: What Do You Think About Homeschoolers?  (Read 6187 times)

So I have been homeschooled all my life. I am 15 now. Next semester I will go to public school part time. I realize some people would disapprove of homeschooling, but don't even bother posting here if you're going to say something stupid. Do you wish you could be homeschooled? Just give me your thoughts and tips. You can vote for "wishing to be homeschooled/publicly schooled" even if you already are (I hope that clears up any confusion).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:55:11 PM by Skig »

I've been homeschooled this year and in some ways I like it more than public school. but my mom's an idiot, so for the most part I prefer public school, so far at least

I wish I was homeschooled
I hate most people in my school.

I hate most people in my school.
I have heard mostly bad stories come out of public school from friends

We can't say anything stupid but you want us to post out opinions?

We can't say anything stupid but you want us to post out opinions?
I just meant don't post here if, for example, you are going to cuss at me and tell me to suck genitals because I am homeschooled. If you don't like homeschoolers you can say why

I've been homeschooled since I was 8 or 9, I'm 15 (turning 16 in Feb) and I honestly like it more that public schooling because it's given me more opportunities to learn and the school I was in was pretty stuffty.

Nahhhh public school is ok
and I was homeschooled until 5th grade, then private school until 9th.
It takes a lot of adjusting but you'll get over it.

your not really given the whole mile in terms of education, because although your parents may know the core stuff, your not getting extension. you cant beat being taught by a professional. also, your self-esteem and confidence could be lowered, and conversing with girls may be harder (depending on your age).

homeschoolers are fine, though. they are no less of human beings and it doesnt count for stuff.

weird people come from homeschooling lol. like socially awkward, or overly religious, or just really dumb.

im sure 1 in 10 homeschooled kids properly learn a thing or 2. but its pretty much a joke.

I was home-schooled for two years, it has it's pluses and minuses, but overall I honestly think public school is better.

You can learn more in homeschool because there's a fraction of the distractions and wasted time trying to keep everything organized. But then there's also a fraction of the resources at home than at school. Schooling also teaches responsibility, sociability, and a host of other things.

Besides that, I'm sure that colleges and job managers probably look at public schooling as more trustworthy than the word of someone that was home-schooled. I know from experience that in home-school it's extremely easy to just take the easy way out and exploit the system, and do very little work. Unless you're not doing online schooling like I did, in which case it can potentially be even easier to get out of work.

im sure 1 in 10 homeschooled kids properly learn a thing or 2. but its pretty much a joke.
Something tells me you don't know very many people that were home-schooled. I'm sure a bunch of people do end up coming out socially awkward or something like that, but definitely not everyone.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:57:30 PM by Mysteroo »

i was pulled out of school half way through 3rd and finished all the way through 4th grade at home. it was really fun, but it was even better getting to go back

its kind of a drag though cause my mom felt like she didnt teach it right, so i had to re-do 4th when i got back, meaning im a grade below everyone i was originally with.

oh well, i totally kicked 4th grades ass  :cookieMonster:

id definitely say public school is better. theres always gonna be people you dont like but its not like you cant find someone to hang out with
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:00:48 PM by mod-man »

weird people come from homeschooling lol. like socially awkward, or overly religious, or just really dumb.

There are a lot of weird homeschoolers, but it is not a joke. With homeschooling you don't have 25 brats in a classroom disrupting your education. I usually am able to finish all my school in 4-5 hours.

I want to be Home schooled. I really hate everyone in my school and I find it harder to focus there then at home. Plus, I never do any of my homework anyways.

eh, most of the people that want to be homeschooled because they hated school are probably just no-friend losers
public school is awesome