Author Topic: 3 issues with graphics.  (Read 854 times)

Ever since v21 was released, my computer's fan has been louder then usual when playing Blockland. Even when running on low shader quality. Why is this?

Second, when I run Blockland via Steam, the shader quality is stuck on the low setting. If I select a higher option, the game still looks like it's using the low setting.

Finally, Blockland on OSX seems broken when it comes to drawing shadows. It doesn't work at all. I've ran Blockland on a virtual Windows 7 machine on this same computer, and shadows were completely fine there.

MacBook Pro, running OSX 10.8.5
Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

I run Blockland with "disable v-sync" unchecked, borderless at 1920x1080. The fan problem started right after v21 was released.

Shadows being broken on Mac is a known and long-standing issue. It's an issue with the drivers that seems to continually go unfixed (not Badspot's fault).

As for shadow settings being stuck, try this.

Copy all of this:
Code: [Select]
$Shader::ShadowSize = "8192";
 initializeShaderAssets();
 regenerateShadowMapFBOs();
 flushVBOCache();

And then type eval(getclipboard()); into your console.

Copy all of this:
Code: [Select]
$Shader::ShadowSize = "8192";
 initializeShaderAssets();
 regenerateShadowMapFBOs();
 flushVBOCache();

And then type eval(getclipboard()); into your console.

I copied that stuff, pasted it into the console, hit enter, copied that other stuff, hit enter, and then I crashed. I tried it two more times and I crashed each time.

I copied that stuff, pasted it into the console, hit enter, copied that other stuff, hit enter, and then I crashed. I tried it two more times and I crashed each time.
No, copy the Shader Code, but then put eval(getclipboard()); by TYPING

If you try to copy eval(getclipboard()); into the console it will crash. This is because the function grabs what is in your clipboard, and then puts it into the console for you. That makes an infinite loop. You only need to copy the larger bit of code, then type eval(getclipboard()); in manually.

That happens when you can't read instructions properly.

Ever since v21 was released, my computer's fan has been louder then usual when playing Blockland. Even when running on low shader quality. Why is this?
because shaders are hard??? maybe your fan is going out or some stuff, this should be expected when running a computationally expensive thingy