[Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)

Poll

New wepons

>;^3
80 (43.5%)
No
10 (5.4%)
TY BB
94 (51.1%)

Total Members Voted: 183

Author Topic: [Version 3.1] Dueling Weapons - (Medieval Pack is Out!)  (Read 143653 times)

For the medieval pack, you should also make a Falcata: http://www.odinblades.com/Gallery/gallerypics/Swords/Main/SangriaFalcata/3.jpg

Greek/Spartan version: http://www.thorsschmiede.de/shop/files/article_pictures/11911.jpg
Technically I shouldn't even be including a gladius since it's not really medieval.

Technically I shouldn't even be including a gladius since it's not really medieval.

Maybe you should just do the medieval pack, but put the Gladius and the Falcata in a separate pack.

Maybe you should just do the medieval pack, but put the Gladius and the Falcata in a separate pack.
If I did ever do a historical tribute pack, I would probably include many more different types of swords.
This pack should be done before too long. I've just got to export the models, and put them into a respective .zip folder.

If I did ever do a historical tribute pack, I would probably include many more different types of swords.
This pack should be done before too long. I've just got to export the models, and put them into a respective .zip folder.
i thought you had a rifle planned
D: wasted hype

To clarify what I meant in the other topic:

I'm still unsure about how the weapons register a hit. I get that they hit once the weapon animation hits the aimer, but during combat trying to keep track of a moving target makes this super awkward.

I still think initial swing is too slow.

If the slow swing animations are to control attack speed, why not have an instant attack but a longer drawback animation?

I think I mentioned all this before though.

i thought you had a rifle planned
D: wasted hype
What are you talking about?

If the slow swing animations are to control attack speed, why not have an instant attack but a longer drawback animation?
The delayed swing is more realistic, and looks less dumb than an instant hit swing with a super long recovery. Instant hit swings would be easier to pull off, reducing the challenge of an already easy to get "one shot hit". Making it instant hit will automatically make the heavy attacks the default attack of choice, it would be too strong. I do believe you have mentioned this before though.

I've seen the heavy attacks already become attack of choice.
What would need to be done is a balance of damage levels.

I personally would rather easier hits with lower damage values, but that's just my taste.

What are you talking about?
You seem to be unreasonably angry/bitter. Your suggestions might be taken seriously if you are civil.

Also, it's too bad future won, because now you will have to wait longer for this

http://i.imgur.com/7df3t51.png
(the sizes aren't appropriate right now)

Enjoy your lightsabers. I'm waiting for this...
:P

I've seen the heavy attacks already become attack of choice.
What would need to be done is a balance of damage levels.

I personally would rather easier hits with lower damage values, but that's just my taste.
That's because players with lower skill levels gravitate to them for a random win, and they don't know how to counter it when it's used on them. If you're close to someone you should just use faster strikes, because you will be able to kill them before they can even charge up their one attack.

Hey, how much progress is left on medieval pack?
If it's not too time consuming, maybe you could add that rifle mentioned in my last post on this topic

I still think that weapon packs should be easy to pick up and use.
If there's a skill curve to learning the weapon mechanics it's going to push players away.
...like me...

I still think that weapon packs should be easy to pick up and use.
If there's a skill curve to learning the weapon mechanics it's going to push players away.
...like me...
That sounds like an excuse. There should be more to a pack other than 'gud aim.

If it's not too time consuming, maybe you could add that rifle mentioned in my last post on this topic
You don't duel with a rifle.
I'd say you can expect the pack to be released within this coming week.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 04:22:43 PM by Deadzone »

You don't duel with a rifle.

You also don't duel with a war hammer.