Author Topic: Afterglow headset mic problems  (Read 46678 times)

I got the Afterglow AGU.1 headset today for Christmas and when I went to plug it in I noticed there was no mic cable, only an audio cable and USB.  Does anyone know how to make the mic function for this headset?  Google is being unhelpful.

I got the Afterglow AGU.1 headset today for Christmas and when I went to plug it in I noticed there was no mic cable, only an audio cable and USB.  Does anyone know how to make the mic function for this headset?  Google is being unhelpful.

Probably uses the mic via USB.  If it's for your PC then no problem plug in the USB and check your sound settings for mics and if nothing works try and find drivers.

the mic probably works through the usb, thats what mine does

drivers
Thats the only problem, I can't find the drivers anywhere.

Manuals are there for a reason

http://www.nextec.co.uk/downloads/Software/AfterglowUSBDriver.zip

see if this works
Downloaded that earlier, there is no setup file or any way to install.

Manuals are there for a reason
All it says is basically to "plug it in".

Downloaded that earlier, there is no setup file or any way to install.
All it says is basically to "plug it in".

Google is a help but since it's Christmas I'll be nice today

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-a-driver-when-theres-no-installation-exe-file-to-run.171861/

Windows says drivers are up to date.  I have no loving clue what could be wrong with this damn headset.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 02:18:00 PM by ABlockOfCheese »

Go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Under Sound go to Manage audo devices and make sure your headset mic is enable and if youre using a laptop make sure the laptop mic is disabled

It reads nothing as plugged into the mic jack.  I thought of something though.  If I was to get an adapter for the xbox chat cable to like a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter and hook it up to the PC would that work?

I have afterglow to, do you have that little box that has GAME volume and CHAT volume.
Along with Mute and Mode?