Author Topic: 5 Senses.  (Read 2116 times)

Smell, Taste, Touch, Sight, hearing.
I don't have the sense of smell.

Humans actually have a lot more than 5.
Including, but not limited to:
  • Pain
  • Warmth and coldth
  • Acceleration
  • Magnetic fields

And of all those, smell is probably the least important one, so in a sense you're lucky.

EDIT: No pun intended on the 'in a sense'
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:04:10 AM by TheArmyGuy »

Including
  • Magnetic fields
I've heard this before but I've never seen anything backing this up, nor have I heard an explanation. Do you have any information?

you can't feel acceleration without gravity so hah

You mean temperature and motion?

Probably not because we can't sense motion, only acceleration.

And we can't sense temperature we can only sense how much colder or warmer something is. We compare it to the warmth of the limb that is sensing it.

no

uhhhhhhh

I've heard this before but I've never seen anything backing this up, nor have I heard an explanation. Do you have any information?
There's this wikipedia article for all that's worth, but I did hear it somewhere else, don't remember though.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoception

Probably not because we can't sense motion, only acceleration.

And we can't sense temperature we can only sense how much colder or warmer something is. We compare it to the warmth of the limb that is sensing it.

Nvm on the motion, got it confused with balance.

But temperature is a sense. Temperature is how cold or warm something is, not in a quantitative sense.

Nvm on the motion, got it confused with balance.

But temperature is a sense. Temperature is how cold or warm something is, not in a quantitative sense.
Actually tempurature is the measure of how much heat it present, so it is not a sense. The first answer was correct.

What.

Actually tempurature is the measure of how much heat it present, so it is not a sense. The first answer was correct.

But people are saying temperature itself is a human sense. They don't say you got a 'warmth and coldth' sense.

All of my five senses are great, especially my smell. My sight and touch could be improved though.