Lighter Item (No Purpose)

Author Topic: Lighter Item (No Purpose)  (Read 5095 times)

This is my first Item, just made it while learning to use blender, serves no purpose, but decided to post it anyways
incase anyone wants it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ffjfhhbrqgv4ss5/Item_Lighter.zip

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 03:56:38 PM by yankee903 »

Some pictures would be nice.

The model really isn't fitting at all and its not in the users hand.

Not too bad for a first item but as Lego said, it should be a bit more Blocko.

but thnx for the feedback
We can criticize, this isn't really a place to be posting your first add-ons. I made that mistake, but thank god my add-on was good.

it looks like a pink piece of plastic with smoke coming out of it

thank god my add-on was good.
lol

We can criticize, this isn't really a place to be posting your first add-ons. I made that mistake, but thank god my add-on was good.
yeah ok then

I'd suggest making the model using a stretched out octagon
+ the top of the lighter looks completely shadeless and needs to have less polys in it.

Hoped for a zippo, this stuff came up. sorry

The body is way too high polied. Just like lolz said use a octagon (8 sides) or a hexagon (6 sides).
The reason why the top is like that is because the normals are set inward. Find out how normals work and fix that. This should be very important to know not only for now but for the future.
Good luck.

1. If it serves no purpose, do not release it.
2. If it is your first addon, do not release it.

:L

1. If it serves no purpose, do not release it.

If it serves no purpose it is a prop. Like the Bphones. They are useful for videos and such.

Yankee, try Milkshape 3D. It's alot easier.

If it serves no purpose it is a prop. Like the Bphones. They are useful for videos and such.
The mountpoint isn't even set, it won't even work for that.

Try making it more of a zippo lighter. That way it's in 'blocko' form anyway (except for the actual lighter parts; just make them squares or octagons or something)