Author Topic: Drunk_Vampire (ID: 6392) & Fungusamongus (ID: 44599) - Tried to crash my server  (Read 2453 times)

Earlier today I decided to take a look at my server through the server preview page. I noticed that the brick count was unusually high, so I decided to investigate. The server could barely process my connection request, it ran very slow. When I checked the statistics page on the dashboard, the CPU usage was peaking above 90%, which was also highly unusual. As an act of desperation, I typed /cancelallevents after which the server was working fine.

After checking the Clear Bricks menu, I noticed that Drunk_Vampire had an unusually large amount of bricks. After finding his bricks I also found Fungusamongus' lag contraption right next to it. I have reasons the believe they were trying to crash my server.

In case you need more proof, I'm attaching an autosave where you can see the contraption for yourselves. The lag machine should be pretty far away from the main build.

If needed, I can provide more logs and whatnot.

I'd just like to clarify that this Fungusamongus is not my brother; he has not used that name for at least a year now.

Upon further inspection, Drunk Russian planted 30 bricks by the name "snakeswag", and had a single brick target all 30 bricks and set their vehicle to MicrobusVehicle.

I'm guessing he clicked the brick at rapid speeds in an attempt to crash the server.

Saw those two on the server, they just came in for a few minutes and left in the flurry of lag. Pinging the server would yield you with a delay of up to 900ms and it's impossible to connect again.

I don't really understand why people do this. Its kind of annoying.

I'd just like to clarify that this Fungusamongus is not my brother; he has not used that name for at least a year now.
Glass lol

I'm guessing he clicked the brick at rapid speeds in an attempt to crash the server.
It continued on after they left so I suppose it was a relay or something

It continued on after they left so I suppose it was a relay or something
Relays quit after the clients leave, someone else may have clicked it.

Gah now that you say that I'm not so sure about it anymore

I do know is that after everyone else and I left, there were still two people on the server, however I know one of them is neither Vampire or Fungus.

/support

I wouldn't put Fungus or Drunk above doing this. they've been known trolls for a while now
Hope they get banned soon

Glass lol

I initiated a conversation with Glass to try and get him to crack, and I can tell I was extremely close to success.

He's gonna break! I can feel it!

This happened right as Filipe's Christmas block party opened except it was just Drunk_Vampire that did it.

Im sure Filipe can confirm this

fungusamongus might have been trying to, cause he was just on diggys talking about "going to try and crash another stuffty server" or something like that

Relays quit after the clients leave, someone else may have clicked it.
Projectile events don't seem to quit after the clients leave.