Brickmans Funky Music - New Song! "Snow Fort"

Author Topic: Brickmans Funky Music - New Song! "Snow Fort"  (Read 1715 times)

it's kind of electroswing-y and if anybody wants to correct me on that go ahead.
i'd fit that in electroswing, it definitely makes sense.

I feel like at the end of that song there should've just been a really lame joke
Like not even the build up or anything just the punchline
like "THE ARISTOCRAT"
Probably not though

Got any other songs coming up along the way?

I feel like at the end of that song there should've just been a really lame joke
Like not even the build up or anything just the punchline
like "THE ARISTOCRAT"
Probably not though

Got any other songs coming up along the way?
Nothing's really in progress right now, but I kinda know what I want to do for the next song. More electro-sounding for sure.

I'm learning with every new song I make :0

I made a new song because I felt like making something calmer. This one doesn't use samples from any songs, it's 100% original sounds that I made myself.

Snow Fort: https://soundcloud.com/theairshipera/snow-fort

I don't have anything else to say that the description on soundcloud doesn't cover;

"I've been teaching myself how to make better, more interesting, drum beats :) I think I've improved a lot just by paying attention to the drums when I listen to music.
I tried my best to master this well, but I'm still learning so if you have any tips I will greatly appreciate them.
Also, feedback is always awesome too!"

Maybe I'll do a video of me playing this one if I can figure out a nice way of doing so.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 06:06:23 PM by Brickman »

Try not to be static on one chord.  It's a good idea to invert it as you go.

reminds me of early xxyyxx. a nice start, though a tad bit unpolished

I really really want to make music

You can try "ORG Maker"
Does it let me make stuff from complete scratch?

I also have 550 dollars

Does it let me make stuff from complete scratch?

I also have 550 dollars

It's free.
But I don't know if it's what you're looking for, it's made for "NES-like" music.

It's free.
But I don't know if it's what you're looking for, it's made for "NES-like" music.
Yeah i'm going for drumnbass/electronic

Wow Brickman, I didn't know you were The Airship Era on Soundcloud. I really love your stuff man, keep it up.

Snow Fort is really catchy.

Wow Brickman, I didn't know you were The Airship Era on Soundcloud. I really love your stuff man, keep it up.

Snow Fort is really catchy.
Thank you! I'm pretty pleased with snow fort myself, it's starting to get easier for me to wrap my head around music creation and all that so hopefully I'll be able to create even better stuff in the future.
Try not to be static on one chord.  It's a good idea to invert it as you go.
Yeah, the whole song is basically built on D major. I learn something new every time I play around with a song, I'll keep that in mind.
I really really want to make music
Do you play any instruments? I started making some songs a couple years ago but they were really hard to make using the method that I used, which involved recording like 1 - 4 bar samples  using a small recording device until I got something that I liked, then I would have to take the SD card out of that and put the file onto audacity and align it with the rest of the song. The songs that I got out of that ended up not sounding so great.

I would suggest buying Ableton Live, it's really intuitive and after a few weeks of using it you'll find it's easy to construct song ideas and such. Also, if you buy a Launchpad S controller you'll get a free copy of Ableton Live Lite (what I have right now), which is a pretty full featured version of ableton with limits on how many tracks you can have going at a time.

I listen to atomic jump all the time. It's so good and catchy. You've ruined me :D

I listen to atomic jump all the time. It's so good and catchy. You've ruined me :D
;) thanks cutie