Author Topic: Hiding Nodes for Weapons  (Read 924 times)

I'm making a weapon and I can't figure out how to hide the hands, because I have attached hands to my model and I think it looks a lot better. Can someone please tell me how to hide nodes via TorqueScript?

You shouldn't create a topic in coding help unless you have done at least the following:
1. Searched for a similar topic. You will usually find a few, and most of them will have the answer to the problem posted.
2. If you are looking for a particular function, do dump()s. You will often find there is a straight forward answer to the problem.
3. Looked at add-ons which do what you are trying to do. There are plenty of add-ons which hide hands when you equip a item, look through the code of them instead of asking someone to do your work for you.
4. Search for topics which might not be related, but could still have the solution. If someone has a problem with a code they're using, but they already have a script which hides the hands working perfectly fine, take a look at it.
5. Search for topics which partially solve the problem, then try to work out the rest on your own. Searching for "hide node" will come up with enough results for you to work this out.

Making a post here is a last resort. Nobody here is paid to help you, or even get any reward out of it.

tell me how
spoon feeding is bad here

Use something like this:
ImageName::onMount(%imageData,%player,%invSlot)
and hide these nodes: lhand, rhand, lhook, rhook
to unhide:

ImageName::onUnMount(%imageData,%player,%invSlot)

and do something like this:
%client.applyBodyParts(); %client.applyBodyColors();

good luck