Author Topic: A Chinese crime group on World of Warcraft faces jail time  (Read 1218 times)

I found this to be very interesting. Many people think that virtual property doesn't mean anything, so therefore you can scam it from somebody or steal it without punishment - but little do people know, it is punishable in several jurisdictions. I think virtual property should be regulated to a degree, because it isn't now.

Link to the article: http://www.slashgear.com/chinese-world-of-warcraft-crime-group-gets-real-prison-time-30310350/

I don't know why people go out of their way to do this.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:13:51 PM by Caribou »

man i don't even WANT to know what the other inmates are going to use to buttrape those poor scammers

wow people still play world of warcraft?

man i don't even WANT to know what the other inmates are going to use to buttrape those poor scammers
snakees probably

Chinese prisons

*shudder*

butcher cleavers

loving chinese

why is it always them

Chinese prisons

*shudder*
not even that but like

if you're just some wimpy nerd and convict A finds out you got 5 to 10 for loving people over in a game about magic, you're basically saying "i won't fight back- please don't, i will willingly pick up the soap"

How is this even theft? Blizzard says WoW items have 0 monitary value. Also if you were to call the police on being hacked in a video game they should laugh at you and let the "thief" beat you up

How is this even theft? Blizzard says WoW items have 0 monitary value. Also if you were to call the police on being hacked in a video game they should laugh at you and let the "thief" beat you up
They were selling the in game content for real life cash.

lol

a majority of this buttrape stuff happens in north america.

a majority of this buttrape stuff happens in north america.
i want proof

i want proof
lets go to prison together and ill show you a good time.