Poll

Happy to see Fort Wars back?

Yes.
26 (54.2%)
No.
22 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: Glass' Fort Wars (Hi)  (Read 4190 times)

I'll have to figure out how to do this, thank you.
http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=203327.0
Use this link. For the gamemode. I've made two myself it is rather useful.

I banned idragyoutohell (82428) for spamming bricks.

I also deleted a bunch of random vehicle spawns, people don't seem to read the rules, Glass, I have a way to fix this.

UPDATE:

Yeah I can see this becoming an issue in the future.
No way to really fix this, just idiotic people with no common sense.

Glass, a while back Coburn was working on a mini-project that allowed for bricks to have health. While he was working on it I thought it would be really neat to have such a feature in a fort wars server. This would allow for more than just "Wait for people to come out" tactics and actually implement a raid mechanism. I don't usually play on fort wars but if something like this was a thing I would definitely play. It would be possible to name, or "tag" all the terrain bricks to not have health, and probably have different health values for different bricks. You could have a balanced destruction system.
 You should really consider doing something like this and if you are interested I could get the code from Coburn.
I would be interested in this, looks pretty cool. The bricks respawn of course right?

No way to really fix this, just idiotic people with no common sense.

I would be interested in this, looks pretty cool. The bricks respawn of course right?
Well, no. It's kind of reminiscent of a fort wars in Garry's Mod. Rust is also a good example as you build homes but people can slowly destroy them. I suppose that if you wanted the bricks to respawn that could be done but what I'm showing you deletes them. You could have the health be really high (like in Rust) and take a long time to destroy and like I said, have larger bricks have more health and give weapons different damage (the guns akimbo is pretty damn op right now) to stop people just running in and destroying everything. You could even stop a player's bricks from taking damage if they aren't on the server.

Well, no. It's kind of reminiscent of a fort wars in Garry's Mod. Rust is also a good example as you build homes but people can slowly destroy them. I suppose that if you wanted the bricks to respawn that could be done but what I'm showing you deletes them. You could have the health be really high (like in Rust) and take a long time to destroy and like I said, have larger bricks have more health and give weapons different damage (the guns akimbo is pretty damn op right now) to stop people just running in and destroying everything. You could even stop a player's bricks from taking damage if they aren't on the server.
That's a big turn off to the mod. Not sure how people would like this, i'll try doing a vote and also talking it over with some of my administration.

Well you can repair it by putting blocks back there it reminds me of salvage but in a fortwars

Well you can repair it by putting blocks back there it reminds me of salvage but in a fortwars
Pretty much this. If you did do it, it would be great!

That's a big turn off to the mod. Not sure how people would like this, i'll try doing a vote and also talking it over with some of my administration.
Had an idea. I could just make them go transparent black and no collide / no raycast them and then when a player wants to repair them they have to use a repair tool or something.

Had an idea. I could just make them go transparent black and no collide / no raycast them and then when a player wants to repair them they have to use a repair tool or something.
Maybe also add a detector item that shows you what blocks are broken and which aren't.

Nothing really stands out about the gameplay atm, which isn't helped by everything being reset constantly to try to negate the ever-present lag. Would be very nice to see a new take on Fort Wars, but this sadly is just more of the same. Even if the means to keep track of block health were readily available I doubt the host would be strong enough to handle it...for something like that you'd need to rent from Kalphost or RTB. Still, something like a build period or just restricting blocks ingame to create some sort of ceiling for what one can and cannot create would really do the gamemode more justice than no-jet freebuild with guns.

I have been running on RTB Hosting, it even says it in the topic. Gj reading.

Even if the means to keep track of block health were readily available I doubt the host would be strong enough to handle it...for something like that you'd need to rent from Kalphost or RTB.
The hell are you on about?

Even if the means to keep track of block health were readily available I doubt the host would be strong enough to handle it...for something like that you'd need to rent from Kalphost or RTB.
Dude. It's adding a single variable to each block. That's like, what, 500kb extra of ram for any reasonable amount of bricks?

Oh, and the server uses Default Styled weapons by Gravity Cat.
So does mine. And mine also uses the A-10 and F-18. Thanks for stealing mah thunder Glass. ;c

Maybe also add a detector item that shows you what blocks are broken and which aren't.
It could be that trans black or some other trans color that no one uses is reserved solely for broken bricks. Or even like, trans black + blink fx
Id rather the player not have to go through and manually detect blocks, it should be purely visual so the player can see what's broken and react accordingly and fast. It needs to be a smooth transition from "O shi, my blocks are broken" to "Repairing now"

So does mine. And mine also uses the A-10 and F-18. Thanks for stealing mah thunder Glass. ;c
What did you even host?