Author Topic: use of ad.fly for addons  (Read 6934 times)

Like I've said Ephi, I'm not saying I'm entitled to it by any means, I'm just saying that I'd prefer to be appreciated by the moderators for doing these tasks.

The fact that you refer to your add-on making as a "task" shows you're not really doing it selflessly. You're doing it as a chore and you want something out of it. That's the wrong way to approach a community like this and I suggest you look elsewhere for that "appreciation."

You can put a donation link if you want but the rules are clear on advertising/referral schemes.

The fact that you refer to your add-on making as a "task" shows you're not really doing it selflessly. You're doing it as a chore and you want something out of it. That's the wrong way to approach a community like this and I suggest you look elsewhere for that "appreciation."

You can put a donation link if you want but the rules are clear on advertising/referral schemes.

I approach creating add-ons with the idea that my work will be appreciated and enjoyed, and that's why I create things.  Anyone who selflessly puts hours of work into creating things without expecting even appreciation in return is down right mentally ill.  It's human nature that when you do something, it should have some sort of outcome, and if it doesn't, you shouldn't take interest in it.  Maybe that's just my opinion.

I like to think that the real reward into making add-ons is seeing them being used.

Jesus people try to make money out of anything nowadays

Appreciation does not have to be measured in dollars and cents.

Appreciation does not have to be measured in dollars and cents.

That's not what I'm implying, I'm saying that I'd like the appreciation to extend far enough that I can add a secondary download that people can choose so that I can have a chance of making a small amount of money based on the amount of people that enjoy my work.

That's not what I'm implying, I'm saying that I'd like the appreciation to extend far enough that I can add a secondary download that people can choose so that I can have a chance of making a small amount of money based on the amount of people that enjoy my work.

No, that's exactly what you're saying. You're not satisfied enough with people enjoying and vocally appreciating your work - you need money in your pocket before it's worth your while. Your motives are clear and I've stated my opinion on them, I'm done here.

No, that's exactly what you're saying. You're not satisfied enough with people enjoying and vocally appreciating your work - you need money in your pocket before it's worth your while. Your motives are clear and I've stated my opinion on them, I'm done here.

I'll respect your opinion, however I also choose to disagree on it.

What the hell would you do with such a tiny profit over such a long period? You can earn literally a hundred times more ten times easier and a thousand times faster.
I find using ad.fly unnecessary, because it doesn't give you any benefit. It is stealing 5 seconds of people's lives for an amount of money, which is almost literally nothing.

It may not cause any harm, but it is unpleasant and completely unnecessary.

this is not the game you need to be modding if you want to monetize your works

out of 500 people who download, no more than 10 of them will choose adfly. you'll earn a couple cents, total bullstuff

I'll respect your opinion, however I also choose to disagree on it.
Despite having absolutely no real reason to do so.
Alright.

out of 500 people who download, no more than 10 of them will choose adfly. you'll earn a couple cents, total bullstuff

To put it another way, if every single active user currently playing Blockland went through the ad.fly link, you'd earn, what, $30?  That's a pretty poor ROI for a nuisance of that scale.

On the other hand, Ephi, you're the absolute last person that should be talking about monetizing a value-add for Blockland. By your narrow definition, your thread about the RTB hosting service breaks the rules about no advertising.

You created it, it added value to Blockland, and you ask others to pay for it.  Why should you be more equal than other content creators?

To put it another way, if every single active user currently playing Blockland went through the ad.fly link, you'd earn, what, $30?  That's a pretty poor ROI for a nuisance of that scale.

On the other hand, Ephi, you're the absolute last person that should be talking about monetizing a value-add for Blockland. By your narrow definition, your thread about the RTB hosting service breaks the rules about no advertising.

You created it, it added value to Blockland, and you ask others to pay for it.  Why should you be more equal than other content creators?

Use ad.fly? I'll reupload it to mediafire, and you'll get banned. 2 for the price of 1!

because hosting a server actually costs real-life money? mods, after they are uploaded, do not need money to stay up. servers do.

It's non-profit and your interpretation of the no advertising rule is not good.