Jincux's Blocktopia - Rise of Blockland clone-ish thing

Author Topic: Jincux's Blocktopia - Rise of Blockland clone-ish thing  (Read 2802 times)

Jincux's Blocktopia alpha
Rise of Blockland copy/spinoff

Description
Blocktopia is a new City gamemode that I've developed. Currently, it's very reminiscent of Mr. Wallet's Rise of Blockland, but I'm planning on taking it in a different direction later on. In the city of Blocktopia, resources are a thing. To build, you need plastic. You need food to do anything. To supply these, we have wonderful fabricators. Every (10 minute) day, your nifty little fabricator will produce 10 of a selected resource. These resources are immediately transferred to your storage block. From there, you can sell it through a sale block! Isn't that neat?

How to Play
First, simply get on the server. Currently, you can play either all through commands or a mix of commands and GUI. Note that the GUI is still in early development. Bugs are expected.

To get started, you need to buy two lots. We've given you the money to do so. You can do this by standing on an open area and typing /buylot. Select one of those two lots to be a shop, then go stand over it and type /setLotType resource. Currently, the  resources are food, plastic and engineering.

Next up, open up your brick menu. Browse over to the "Blocktopia" tab and select the Fabricator, Storage Brick, and Sale Brick. Place one of each on your shop lot.

Now, first thing next morning you'll get a fresh batch of whatever resource you're fabricating. One problem: it isn't for sale yet. First, set a price. /setPrice price will be your friend here. Next, if you have the GUI downloaded, simply click on either your Fabricator or Storage bricks; otherwise, type /sell amount. You're good to go!

Eventually some Blocktopian will come around and buy something from you. You'll most likely want the money. To collect the money from your lot, use the command /collectMoney. Don't forget to collect money from your residential lot, it slowly generates some spare cash!

GUI
The GUI is still in an early state. You'll be able to receive notifications about updating it after you download it.
Download (b2)

Alpha
This is currently in an open alpha phase. What does this mean? Well, I'm still constantly working on it. Features are still be added. Bugs are likely. Fortunately, most updates are silent and you won't notice a thing other than a one second lag spike. If I'm online, you can assume that work is getting done.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:46:21 PM by Scout31 »

What's the point of buying stuff and getting money

basically you have a very cost-efficient box shop that sells stuff at dirt-cheap prices and completely dominate anyone who made a decent build

It's great to see something new with cool original ideas but related to the CityRPG theme arise.

You get my full respect. :-)

You need money to buy stuff, you need stuff to build. There's no more or less reason than literally any other mod with money.

basically you have a very cost-efficient box shop that sells stuff at dirt-cheap prices and completely dominate anyone who made a decent build
There will be penalties for this soon.. Still working out what they might be

This sounds awesome! Is there a way that we can play and enjoy the game without the GUI though?

This sounds awesome! Is there a way that we can play and enjoy the game without the GUI though?
Yep! At the moment that is. It may be a bit less convenient but it's definitely do-able.

GUI
The GUI is still in an early state. You'll be able to receive notifications about updating it after you download it.
Download (b1)

GUI updated!

really good mod, gui is well made

What happens when you want to delete your lot?

Well assuming it's the same here as it was with RoB, when you start you have a house lot and a store lot, and your fabricator only sells one resource type, but both resources are required to build so you have to buy the resources that you don't produce yourself.

I've added the resource "Engineering" which is required for building at tall elevations. On top of that, there's been a number of small changes and fixes. I've begun to implement a tutorial system, which can be accessed with /tutorial 1

Well assuming it's the same here as it was with RoB, when you start you have a house lot and a store lot, and your fabricator only sells one resource type, but both resources are required to build so you have to buy the resources that you don't produce yourself.
Pretty much this.

Good god if this gets released I will have zero time for anything else.

We all know what happened when ROB was up last time and let's just say I got big money rich baby