Office Building/Complex

Poll

Should I remove the "X" support on the side that is adjacent to the plaza?

Yes
3 (18.8%)
No
13 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Office Building/Complex  (Read 2316 times)

The forget, it doesn't look that bad.

I like the design on how the windows open up to the interior with the grass. It does look duplicated but I like the design
The exterior with the tree is alright but the parking lot could be done better. The door could be nicer too than just a hole.

I feel like your should work on the stairs in the interior. Make it like an actual stairwell.

To be honest; it makes the build look lifeless.
Single player is pretty lifeless...

The forget, it doesn't look that bad.

I like the design on how the windows open up to the interior with the grass. It does look duplicated but I like the design
The exterior with the tree is alright but the parking lot could be done better. The door could be nicer too than just a hole.

I feel like your should work on the stairs in the interior. Make it like an actual stairwell.
Just a general question, not just for you DYLANzzz, what's wrong with a build being duped to form a certain intended configuration. I mean, everyone one of you who said "It looks duped" as if its a bad thing to use a duplicator, do you honestly expect me to believe that each and everyone of you would build each one of those 4 from scratch without a duplicator. NO! Its a waste of time! Now, Dylan, you're totally right about the parking lot. As stated previously in the topic I said that everyone had been right about it. The door, you're right there too. The stairs however: are you suggesting maybe I make like a "room"ish thing that zig-zags up like on an actual office building? Because the way it is right now is an exposed staircase that spirals up to the top.

what's wrong with a build being duped to form a certain intended configuration.

It's not, duping is A+, duplicator/duplorcator is the best tool ever added to BL

I mean, everyone one of you who said "It looks duped" as if its a bad thing to use a duplicator, do you honestly expect me to believe that each and everyone of you would build each one of those 4 from scratch without a duplicator. NO!

You're right! But then again I wouldn't make 4 buildings all looking the same, I would add features to them that make them unique aka a slope or shrinking at the top so I can rotate them for orientation sakes

Its a waste of time! Now, Dylan, you're totally right about the parking lot. As stated previously in the topic I said that everyone had been right about it.

You don't have a parking lot, you have some roads with little end streets

The door, you're right there too.

The stairs however: are you suggesting maybe I make like a "room"ish thing that zig-zags up like on an actual office building? Because the way it is right now is an exposed staircase that spirals up to the top.

The problem with your stairs, is that they are just that: stairs. Bricks. You have about 8-12 bricks all stacked atop eachother with no unique look or flare to them.

I'd really like to do an office rp (working on it, never going to be an actual gamemode, as I don't know how to make a gamemode) with a few friends and this save. could you please put up a dl for the save? 

0/10

-Exterior looks bad
-You did this in about 15 minutes
-Parking lot is bad
-plaza needs work(where are the benches)

It's just one epic fail.

Edit: the parking lots don't look like that. It's just this horrible.

Quote from: Badspot
Try to recognize that we all have different skill levels in this game.  There is no need to criticize someone else's build simply because it's not the best build out there.  Do not give an x/10 style rating unless the[/font] builder asks for one.  /quote]

Just a general question, not just for you DYLANzzz, what's wrong with a build being duped to form a certain intended configuration. I mean, everyone one of you who said "It looks duped" as if its a bad thing to use a duplicator, do you honestly expect me to believe that each and everyone of you would build each one of those 4 from scratch without a duplicator. NO! Its a waste of time!

True, but the thing that people are trying to get at when they say that is, if your build is consists of just duplicated parts over and over again, it gets uninteresting and bland.

This build is okay, but the issue is that it's bland. Grey-on-grey with one window design that is duped several times. Also, the walls are ALL windows, which is uncommon in real life. Add more variety and some more appealing colors and the build will really come to life~

I really don't like how everything but the building itself is a singular brick.
Tree brick, flower brick, foliage brick. It would be a lot nicer if that detail was built and not..placed.

Also, please try to break away from 90degree building. Try encorperating rounds and terrain.
If your build focuses around a central building, atleast add furniture/interior and make the exterior less, boxlike. People used to be flamed to hell for "window boxes".