Author Topic: Causing Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Errors  (Read 2505 times)

Hi, If anyone knows a consistent way to cause a server/client to crash (via console) with a "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error" ok box could they post the details in this thread please.

The box looks vaguely like this but with less Yeti and more Blockland:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 12:49:14 PM by Ephialtes »

Pretty sure no one here has a clue how to simulate what you are trying to do.

I only really get these while using wine.

Pretty sure no one here has a clue how to simulate what you are trying to do.

Oh man I should have just pm'd you and asked - what am I doing asking the entire community?!

Oh man I should have just pm'd you and asked - what am I doing asking the entire community?!
I don't know man, go a little lighter on the vodka next time, always refer to Matthew before asking the community :P

i used to get these all the time but they seem to have let up

i think it has something to do with executing cs files and transmitting datablocks, then leaving the server running for a long time

I get these all the time, especially with ModTer bricks.

i used to get these all the time but they seem to have let up

i think it has something to do with executing cs files and transmitting datablocks, then leaving the server running for a long time
i recall getting one on people who try to connect when my custom playertype is enabled. they first get this error then if they re-connect, sometimes they spawn and runtime error.

this isn't a consistent way, I will have to test it out more before I post any more.

I only really get these while using wine.
didn't this happen on our new years server

If you uninstall visual C++ redistributable you can cause this error

didn't this happen on our new years server
yeah, i'd crash when spawning
turning off shaders seemed to help

i have this rarely, hopefully, but i get it when i turn shaders on under Wine :/

i try to join my friend's server and i get this error, i cant even spawn on the server.

AFAIK, runtime errors used to happen if you echoed a string that was too long.

edit: Can't reproduce it.