Author Topic: Computer Audio configuration  (Read 852 times)

I have something like this on the back of my computer

I have these two things for my surround sound speakers

How do I get these to plug into my computer on all those spots?

Look for a 3.5mm to RCA adapter. They're pretty cheap.

Look for a 3.5mm to RCA adapter. They're pretty cheap.

I have one of these. I can only plug it into one of those things (c/sub, rear, and out). If I plug it into sub, I hear the sub, if I plug it into rear, I hear the rear. The problem is, I can only plug it into one thing at a time.

Wait does your entire surround system only have one pair of RCA connectors for everything or something? Each speaker should have a separate hookup.

i do this and put it into line in

or at least that's the way i went about it when i last used it to try and record

gave p weird audio clipping thing though, but that may just be my sound card

uhhg idk if this is really completely relevant
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:21:14 PM by otto-san »

Wait does your entire surround system only have one pair of RCA connectors for everything or something? Each speaker should have a separate hookup.
these two hook up into a sub-woofer that also acts like an adapter. it then takes raw-wires that hook into the back for each speaker. would I need a new sound system? i don't know why they would make it like this, as it is a 5.1 surround setup, but only accepts stereo input?

Nevermind, I found this

Now I just have to get adapters for them all. The computer I have uses center/sub as one plug. Which would plug into which color?