Author Topic: Boodioware Public Beta - The return  (Read 691 times)

Boodioware
The Return
Working title

Gameplay
Boodioware is a remake of TF2ware, with its own character and twists. TF2ware is a gamemode for TF2 that emulates the gameplay style of the WarioWare games. Each game is filled with random minigames that range from simon says to frogger. For each minigame you win, you gain a point. At the end of each game there is a boss round worth 5 points. The goal is simple, get as many points as you can each game.

Minigames
There are currently only 7 Minigames. I plan to have around 20 before it leaves Beta. Ideas are not needed, but very welcomed.
  • Simon Says - Do what Simon tells you to do. Don't do what anyone else says.
  • Kill another player - Everyone gets an insta-kill weapon. Kill someone else to win the round.
  • Math - Type the answer to a randomly generated math question.
  • Rocket Jump - Everyone gets a rocket launcher, just rocket jump high enough to win.
  • Platforms - The water is rising, get on a platform or it will kill you!
  • Don't move - Don't move, or don't stop, depending on the random message you get.
  • Colors - Type the color or the word that is colored depending on the instructions.

Bosses
I've only made 2 boss so far. I need 5 before I leave Beta. These take a long time to make, please be patient. Bosses will give the winner(s) 5 points, but they are much tougher.
  • Obstacle Course - Two moving walls lock you in. Touching the rear one will kill you. Get to the other side of the obstacle course without falling into the water.
  • Ducker - Similar to Frogger; simply get to the far side to win. However, there are many perils blocking you way, such as busy roads, sharks, and poisonous rivers.

Screenshots
The main arena filled with players.
Just after a rocket jump round.
A wild boss appears!

The arena..
Platforms minigame, before the water
reached the top.
Platforms minigame, water at max height.
Touching it is instant death.
The two moving walls and moving platforms
in the boss round, Obstacle Course.
Birds eye view of two players in the Obstacle
Course boss.

The final obstacle.

Want to help?

Want to help? Didn't think so..
Wait, your still reading this? Okay. I need builds! Making bosses takes a very, very long time. Most of it is coding and tweaking, but theres a lot of time spent on the build, and i'm a terrible builder.
What I want is builds that are base off (not necessarily copied from) TF2ware bosses. Here is a video showing the general style of each boss. I use that video for most of my referencing. Don't worry about getting all the technical bits perfect, I will modify the build to be better suited to what I can code. If you plan to have a certain object at a certain point in the map, leave a sign there explaining what it is you want. I might not do it, but it might be a good idea.

If you can do any of the following things, let me know.
  • Images to replace the centerprint text, as seen in TF2ware, check out the video in the paragraph above.
  • Modelers are always welcome. I can model myself well enough, but i'm not amazing.
  • Builds, builds builds. PM or ask me ingame for details, depends on what i'm working on at the time.

I need a server!

Previously, I was hosting this using HamHost. Unfortunately, the service provider has been beaten to death by a mob of angry players, and as a result I am forced to host this on my own PC, and as I live in the middle of no-where, my internet connection is terrible. I would put a donation link up and pay for a RTB server myself, however I do not have a bank account set up, and I can't use my parents or a friends.
To cut the crap, I'd like to borrow someone else's server. If you have a server that you are not using, please send me a PM, or talk to me in-game, and hopefully we will be able to finally sort the lag out.

Updates
0.2.6 23rd January 2014
Added minigame Colors

0.2.5 22nd January 2014
Back to work on Boodioware.
Fixed a few glitches, mainly rocket jump.
Nearly finished Ducker. Public testing for the boss started. Large lag issues with vehicles, disabled until a solution can be found.
New minigame: Don't Move.
Happy birthday Boodals!
Hosted Boodioware Birthday Beta.

0.2.2 9th September 2013
Had a break from BL. Back to work.
Fixed a bunch of minor bugs.
Reduced sound volume.
More work on Ducker. I've only got one more trap, and a few bugs to fix, then its ready.

0.2.1 - 29th August 2013
Added player names into the list of Simon Says names. Inb4SimonConnected.
Work on new Boss; Ducker.
Reduced chance of player name in Simon Says.
Added Spear, Bow, and Sword to the kill minigame. Its most likely a gun though.

0.2.0 - 28th August 2013
Dedicated server running. It requires a bit of manual work to get the game running, but then its fully automatic.

< 0.2.0
Added everything.
I cant remember.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 03:47:01 PM by boodals 2 »

Sweet!
EDIT: Sorry for eating any chance of a reserved space, but it's been 7 minutes :P
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:51:22 PM by TristanLuigi »

I wanna try it, NAO

Looks pretty legit. I think this is my sorta thing

The server is open now. Im working on it while its playing, so I might have to restart every couple of hours.

Sweet!
EDIT: Sorry for eating any chance of a reserved space, but it's been 7 minutes :P
Don't worry, ill probably stop working on this for a few months and have to make a new topic before I run out of space :P