Author Topic: History is being made: Taboo has another snow day.  (Read 1876 times)

It's official.
To clarify, we had one on the 13th as well, which was supposed to be our first day back for the new semestre. Last year we had one snow day. Prior to that, LTHS had several years (at least two decades, I can't find a sure source) of no days off.
stuff's wack, yo. Discuss snow days and stubborn schools here.

[6:39:33 PM] HYPER OATS: man, didn't we have like years of no snow days up till like 2011 and now we have two within weeks
[6:40:16 PM] THREE BOOBIES IS A PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY: i keep thinking that when anna told me it was a snow day i was like
[6:40:18 PM] THREE BOOBIES IS A PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY: No lol it cant be
[6:40:44 PM] HYPER OATS: watch it all be an elaborate scheme agains the student body so no one can exempt anything
[6:40:52 PM] HYPER OATS: senior prank of the century
[6:41:11 PM] THREE BOOBIES IS A PHYSICAL IMPOSSIBILITY: OMG

i was told that you guys have to make it up when summer is meant to start, is that true?

That's what we're told, there's space in our calendar for it, but last year no one seemed to do anything about it. I don't really know what arcane politics are involved.

Yea. My school allows 2 snow days. We were supposed to get out june 12th not we are getting 17th

Seniors in high school (due to their graduation being before the end of the regular school year), don't have to make up snow days
So yea, the more it snows this year the better

wow i didnt even know you were taboo

what did you get perma'd for

wow i didnt even know you were taboo

what did you get perma'd for
I actually don't remember if it was a perma, but

Can't even find whatever post got me banned, lol.
Quote from: a thread that doesn't exist anymore
I'm sorry you're a sensitive little baby? Maybe you should grow up, then.

User was banned for this post
there you go :)))

Seniors in high school (due to their graduation being before the end of the regular school year), don't have to make up snow days
So yea, the more it snows this year the better
Seniors don't have to show up at all for finals if we're passing so it's basically the same idea here, now that I think about it.

why would they ban an english teacher tho

there is so much we can learn from having you around

lmfao

it's okay
i am eternal

More like that roach that can't be squashed.

you do know days are added to the school year to make up for it, right

you do know days are added to the school year to make up for it, right

Here in NY, it's going to snow tomorrow too. What is weird is that it will be 38 degrees in the morning, and then drop all the way to the single digits by night time (38 degrees). It's a big temperature change. Also so far during this winter, we've only had one official snow day - however last week I took a day off because of a snowstorm and our moronic department of education thought 13 inches of snow citywide with 25MPH winds and ice wasn't enough for canceling school.