Author Topic: FBI Warning on Tumblr - joke or real?  (Read 2415 times)

more proof that tumblr users are really dumb

I wanna see a picture of this "warning"

why are you on tumblr in the first place
It's fun if you don't follow the "typical tumblr user"

You know the ones that even get offended by the "Welcome to Tumblr" video

It's just a virus, I had the same thing and I just closed my browser and it never came up again lol. And I'm pretty sure that none of those are real.

never seen that before

is there a way to unlock your comp without paying the bastards?

I'm sure there is

never seen that before

I'm sure there is
The thing being posted all about Tumblr is literally a web page, except you can't close it, you have to force kill your browser... That's all it is, the images Mr Queeba posted are probably real ransomware that you have to do god knows what to get rid of

look at how much you've disgusted these fine federal investigators

The one on the right looks like Gus Fring

look at how much you've disgusted these fine federal investigators
it's gus!

The thing being posted all about Tumblr is literally a web page, except you can't close it, you have to force kill your browser... That's all it is, the images Mr Queeba posted are probably real ransomware that you have to do god knows what to get rid of
What I posted is the FBI ransomware that is going around, you can't forcekill it. It locks your computer and it says to pay a fine via moneypak within 72 hours or get arrested. This is fake, and people actually fell for it.

See: http://www.scmagazine.com/man-falls-for-fbi-ransomware-attack-turns-self-into-cops-for-possessing-child-research/article/304600/

That's money pack. Be careful, that virus can lock down your entire computer. Granted, it takes like 2 seconds to get rid of, but scares the stuff out of people.

never seen that before

I'm sure there is
start your computer in safe mode, and restore your computer to a date before you got the virus. After, restart the computer and run a virus scan.

i was browsing research and one of those locked my browser

so i task managered it

I have heard of this virus before. starfishs these days.