Author Topic: [MINI-RANT] Stop sending steam wallet scam links through Steam  (Read 1841 times)

I'm getting really sick and tired of receiving referral links to websites that promote "free Steam Wallet codes" through chat. Stop that. They are most likely fake and they are only asking you to send the links to get more traffic. You're not getting free money added to your Steam just by sending the link to 8 people, it doesn't work like that. Money doesn't grow off of trees. So stop sending them to other people, they are annoying and they are most likely a scam.

most people know this already but ok

It might be better to post this on a fourm about steam

it might be better to not friend idiots on steam because nobody with a brain worth a quarter of a stuff falls for these

most people know this already but ok
It might be better to post this on a fourm about steam
Well this is a user I know through Blockland.

you ranted about how they're fake, and most people know about that
just ignore the links, defriend the people from who you are getting links

you ranted about how they're fake, and most people know about that
just ignore the links, defriend the people from who you are getting links
Well yeah, but I get them pretty often.

Well yeah, but I get them pretty often.
You don't pick good friends, do you?

You don't pick good friends, do you?
It's not that they are terrible friends, they just need to stop falling for these, however I'm looking at you Lord Tony.

"Never tell your password to anyone."

=Steam

i dont get em cuz i dont have friends on my list.

Money doesn't grow off of trees.
well
nobody's claiming that it does
in theory, one of these referral links would have ads on their site, which they get paid for when they get traffic, so when you send people to their site, it earns them money, and as a result, earns you money
sometimes those services really aren't scams. they're always really inefficient, though, and you won't earn anything noteworthy until you've spent a stupid amount of time and effort on them

step one
remove them from your friends list

I can't work out if you legitimately think this is the ideal way to resolve your issue with steam wallet scam links or if you were just looking for a reason to post a thread.

Either way, what is wrong with you?

Why are you posting this here? I don't think any sane people here do this, and even then you'd have been better off posting this on the steam forum.