2014/02/10 - Blockland r1931

Author Topic: 2014/02/10 - Blockland r1931  (Read 84131 times)

But it's difficult to figure out what Blockland does with 'steam_API.dll' , so I think it'll take some 'hacks'. OpenID and SteamID's can be used to unlock games, but probably only by developers.

Why?
well, this is just a shot in the dark
but I think it's probably so that he can change the key he uses for steam

well, this is just a shot in the dark
but I think it's probably so that he can change the key he uses for steam
And why would one need to do that?

I'm pretty sure in his case it's because he lost his original key, so he bought another and ended up using that one on steam, then eventually was able to get his first key back, and now wants to use that one with steam
XR-7 also has the same issue

I lost my original key, and authenticated with a different one.
I have since found that original key.

EDIT:
I'm pretty sure in his case it's because he lost his original key, so he bought another and ended up using that one on steam, then eventually was able to get his first key back, and now wants to use that one with steam
XR-7 also has the same issue

Exactly this, actually haha

do you know if we can expect a free weekend on steam?

do you know if we can expect a free weekend on steam?
I'd bet a blockland key that that will never happen

I'd bet a blockland key that that will never happen
If I gave them a key, they'd have to copy and paste it into the game which would be a point of failure.  They'd also get that annoying popup every time they start the game.  Also they'd be able to give the key on the internet and ruin themselves.  With with steam based authentication, it's a much smoother experience, you just run the game.  Also it allows for time limited trials and free weekends in the future.
So, who are you giving that key to, then?

just bc it's possible doesn't mean it's likely or even practical

just bc it's possible doesn't mean it's likely or even practical
Fine, but the day it DOES become free for a weekend, you're giving me that key :cookieMonster:

if it ever has a free weekend I'll be sure to hold a raffle for a blockland key

if it ever has a free weekend I'll be sure to hold a raffle for a blockland key
Count me in the raffle.

you don't need to reserve a spot or anything bc if it happens (and I'm pretty certain it won't), I'm going to make a topic for the raffle so that I can be properly embarrassed at the same time as giving everyone a shot at it, to be fair