Author Topic: 2014/02/10 - Blockland r1931  (Read 81473 times)

The what now?
You know, the builds that count up how many times a button has been clicked. Now they can't be spammed to reach the limit.

You know, the builds that count up how many times a button has been clicked. Now they can't be spammed to reach the limit.
WHAT. Really?

The what now?
Originally you could send /activatestuff to the server repetitively and as a result "click" super fast, but you can't do that anymore since there's a limit. I suppose it's for the best..

Originally you could send /activatestuff to the server repetitively and as a result "click" super fast, but you can't do that anymore since there's a limit. I suppose it's for the best..
You can still do it, just not as fast.

• Added -serverName and -maxPlayers command line arguments
You gotta help me on dedicated servers; it just opens cmd prompt

thats what its supposed to do
follow on-screen instructions

Creating a Dedicated Server (for Windows)

First, make a copy of your Blockland shortcut. Then right click on the new copy of the shortcut and go to Properties. Click the Shortcut tab.

The target field will look something like this:
Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Blockland\BlocklandLauncher.exe"
To make this launch a dedicated server, add the -dedicated parameter to the end. It should now look like this:
Code: [Select]
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Blockland\BlocklandLauncher.exe" -dedicatedYou can now launch the server using that shortcut, but I recommend that you read below first.

(Optional) If you wish to start a specific game mode, add the -gamemode Name_of_GameMode parameter to the end of the target. If you don't do this, the server will default to the standard/custom mode. (which allows you to set your own add-ons and customize everything)

(Optional, but recommended) Set your dedicated server to use its own directory. (if you don't do this, it will use your current BL directory) Add this parameter to the end of your shortcut's target: -profilePath "C:\path\to\server folder"

Setting Up Your Server

Before you perform these steps, you should start your server at least once and then close it - doing so will create the pref files for you to edit. Note, these steps should be performed while the server is closed.

To change server settings, open the file called "prefs.cs" in the "config/server" folder.

To change which add-ons are enabled, open the file called "ADD_ON_LIST.cs" in the "config/server" folder. A 1 next to an add-on indicates it is enabled while a -1 indicates it is disabled.

To install new add-ons, simply place them in the add-ons folder.

Shutting Down Your Server

This might seem trivial, but most people don't know how to do this properly.

To shut down your server, enter quit(); in the server console.

What was activate stuff?

What was activate stuff?
Every time you click a brick, player, or vehicle.

Thank you master.

Please don't get the whip out again master.

Every time you click a brick, player, or vehicle.
Or just click in general without having an item equipped, or trying to use the spray can in a minigame that has painting disabled.

Nevermind, it requires steam_api.dll is missing :C

What?

So is it like a spam-this auto clicker or something.

/activatestuff is the command that is sent when you press e in an minigame with painting disabled, kinda like on tezuni's or something.