Author Topic: General's Add-Ons  (Read 18478 times)

General's Add-Ons

Following the news on the closure of RTB and the fact that I used it to upload most of my add-ons, I have decided to re-post all of my add-ons in this topic for future download. The reason I will post them all here rather than on separate topics is because it is easier for me to manage my add-ons if there are all in one place. I will be using this topic to post future add-ons as well.

I am fully aware that some add-ons on this topic are environment files etc. and would not normally be posted in this board. I didn't think it would be problem considering it's a mega-topic with many add-ons, however, inform me if it's not allowed and I will sort it out.

Another important piece of information is if you find any bugs in a mod that you please report it as soon as possible so that I can fix it when I have adequate time. I usually find that not many people send bug reports and therefore bugs remain in the mods for  long periods of time.

Bricks

18 Degree Ramp Bricks
Developers: General, Tophius

Description
Here's some extra ramp bricks for ya. The icons may look a little awkward, but until we can find a way of producing good-looking icons, they're going to stay that way.

This Pack includes:
18° Ramp 1x
18° Ramp 2x
18° Ramp 4x
-18° Ramp 1x
-18° Ramp 2x
18° Ramp Corner
-18° Ramp Corner

Screenshots (click to view large)

Extra Arch Bricks

Description
Here are a few arches which were not included with the default arch brick pack.

This Pack includes:
1x12 Arch
1x8x2 Arch
1x5 Half-Arch
1x5 Half-Arch Inverted
1x2 Half-Arch Curved
1x3 Half-Arch Curved
1x6 Half-Arch Curved
1x3 Arabian Arch

Fence Bricks
Developers: General

Description
A few fence bricks to give your build a classical touch.

This Pack includes:
1x4 Fence
1x6x2 Arched Fence
1x6x2 Train Fence
1x8 Country Fence
4x4x2 Round Corner Bars
1x4x2 Studded Rail
1x6 Rail
1x8x2 Rail
1x4x2 Rail

Interactive Brick Pack

Description
A few interactive bricks Tophius and I have been working on for quite a while now (including procrastination time). The pack is a bit empty for now, but we'll add new bricks some time in the future.

This Pack includes:
2x2x2 Container
Lever
1x3 Door Left
1x3 Door Right
1x3x2 Door Left
1x3x2 Door Right
1x3x4 Door Left
1x3x4 Door Right

Plant Bricks

Description
Seeing as the previously released plant bricks were failed, Tophius and I found it a perfect opportunity to quickly complete and release our version of the pack. Enjoy!

This Pack includes:
1x1 Stem
1x1 Flowers
1x1 Bamboo
6x5 Leaves
4x3 Leaves
Sea Grass
Sea Grass Inverted
2x2 Bush
2x2 Flower
2x2 Petals

Round Corner Bricks

Description
Yep, finally completed after working on them for a long time... Have fun and enjoy!
Special thanks to Melting Plastic and Mr.LoL for finding bugs, and to heedicalking for giving us the Round Corner Wall idea.

This Pack includes:
4x4 Round Corner Full
4x4F Round Corner Full
4x4 Round Corner Macaroni
4x4F Round Corner Macaroni
4x4 Round Corner Wall
2x2 Round Corner Full
2x2F Round Corner Full
2x2 Round Corner Macaroni
2x2F Round Corner Macaroni
2x2 Round Corner Wall

Client Mods

Loading Screen Slideshow

Description
Displays a loop of all your screenshots on the loading screen as on the Main Menu. Also adds fancy text to the load screen.

Environments

Cloudy Sky

Description
Just created a skybox out of a cloudy panorama I found on the internet for your depressing atmospheric needs.

Evening Sky

Description
I am aware that a similar sky to this one already exists by default, except I feel that the default one has a large contrast in colours which makes it look unrealistic and uneasy to look at.

I hope you guys like my version.

Scripts

Baseplate Rules

Description
A script created for the sake of keeping servers neater and organised, it disallows players from planting anything other than baseplates on the ground unless permitted otherwise.

This mod enables you to manage how people build on your server more easily, it comes with a built-in manager which allows you to modify its settings. However, the manager does not function if you are hosting a dedicated server and join it on a copy of Blockland which does not have the mod. In this case, you can use server commands to change the settings. Only server hosts can change settings, so you don't have to worry about anyone tampering with the mod while you are not in your server, the rule will also never apply to hosts. You can decide exactly which players have the liberty to build without the rule by simply adding their ID to the rule exception list, you can also choose which admin group the rule applies to. Lastly, if you don't need the mod on the server you are hosting and have it enabled, you can simply disable it in-game without the hassle of having to restart the server.

*** Please note that the mod does not and is not meant to work on Single Player / LAN games, so don't post it as a bug ***

Commands:
1. Type /br into the chat to open the settings manager window.
2. In the rare case where the manager does not open on your dedicated server, type /BRcommandHelp into the chat to get a list of all the commands you can use to manage the mod.

How to use the manager:
1. To enable/disable the mod, click on the checkbox labelled "Enable".
2. To select which admin group(s) the rule applies to, select an option from the drop-down menu labelled "Applies to".
3. To add a player to the rule's exception list, enter their ID into the box below the "Add" button and then press the button. The box will flash red if the ID you wish to enter is incorrect or already on the list.
4. To remove a player from the rule's exception list, click their ID on the list and press the "Remove" button.

Advanced Vehicle System

Sometimes with considerably large builds, we need to place many vehicles scattered around the map to make the build usable in a server or game mode. In very large builds, the absolute maximum limit for vehicles may not be enough to fill the build with an adequate amount of vehicles, and usually using the maximum number of vehicles in a server causes a very slow connection to the clients connected to the server.

This mod allows users to place as many vehicles as they like on a server, while still maintaining a quick connection to all the clients connected to the server.

How it works
When vehicles are not within a radius close to a player, they are deleted, meaning that the vehicle object is no longer causing strain on the players. When a player re-enters the given radius of the vehicle, it will be re-spawned.

The main cause of connection strain however is not by stationary vehicles, but rather by vehicles in use. Stationary vehicles act mainly as static shapes until they are in motion and therefore mainly cause rendering strain on the client side.

To fix the connection strain caused by many vehicles being in use at the same time, a limit for number of re-spawning vehicles has been implemented. The default number for this is 5. Whenever there are 5 or more people using vehicles, then vehicles which have been deleted will no longer re-spawn until the number of people who are using vehicles drops below 5 again. This makes it virtually impossible for more that 20 people to use vehicles at the same time.

Preferences
You can change a few preferences by changing the following variables through the console:
  • $SRV::VehicleCheckRadius  << The radius of the check for players around any vehicle (default 150)
  • $SRV::RadiusCheckPeriod << The period for any vehicle to check for new players in their radius (default 1000 ms)
  • $SRV::MaxUsageSpawn << The number of players that can use vehicles before they stop respawning (default 5)

These preferences are not saved upon quitting.

If you do not know how to change these, then it's probably for the best sorry lol.

Sounds

Windows ME Sounds

Description
Some error sound from the old Windows Millennium operating system.

This Pack includes:
ME_Chimes.wav
ME_Chord.wav
ME_Ding.wav
ME_Logoff.wav
ME_Notify.wav
ME_Recycle.wav
ME_Startup.wav

Windows XP Sounds

Description
Here are a few Windows XP sounds to use on your bloko-computer.

This Pack includes:
XP_Balloon.wav
XP_Battery_Critical.wav
XP_Battery_Low.wav
XP_Critical_Stop.wav
XP_Ding.wav
XP_Error.wav
XP_Exclamation.wav
XP_Hardware_Fail.wav
XP_Hardware_Insert.wav
XP_Hardware_Remove.wav
XP_Logoff_Sound.wav
XP_Logon_Sound.wav
XP_Notify.wav
XP_Recycle.wav
XP_Shutdown.wav
XP_Startup.wav
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 04:25:43 AM by General »

Unsupported

WARNING: These add-ons are no longer supported by me, meaning that they are no longer updated and probably won't work on your game. The reason I included this section is so that people who like to play older versions of Blockland are still able to download them. These mods will not break your current game, they just won't run.

Adjustable Plate

Description
The title best describes the functionality of this map, it is another Plate edit which you are able to adjust to your own satisfaction in-game via a settings manager window. Changes are made instantly to the map with just a click, without requiring to restart the map or game. The manager is user-friendly and comes with a large variety of options to choose from.

Settings that you are able to change:
1. Sky texture and color
2. Visibility distance, fog distance and fog color
3. Sun light color, and brightness
4. Plate color
5. Water
6. Precipitation

You are also able to save the settings you have changed for future use. The map settings can only be changed by the server host, so you don't have to worry about changes being made while you are away or not in the server.

Special thanks to BAC for creating the original Plate map.

Commands:
Type /mapSettings into the chat while on the map to open the settings manager, you can also bind a key for this command.

Map Lighting Fix

Description
This mod fixes the broken lighting on maps, access settings via the options menu under the "Graphics" tab. Only works on V20.

Sahara Desert

Description
I am very pleased with how this map generally looks, especially the Dark version. This map has no secrets at all, I couldn't make any secrets with just terrain, so don't bother looking for them. Inspired by some photos I saw of the Sahara Desert, I managed to make my second Blockland map. Enjoy.

This Pack contains:
Sahara Desert
Sahara Desert - Dark

Sahara Desert - Sand Storm

Description
I am especially pleased with this map, it doesn't look like I thought it would, but it still looks good. Just like the Main Pack of Sahara Desert, this Pack does not contain any secrets.

Required Add-Ons
Sahara Desert

Sahara Desert - Twilight

Description
This Pack was originally for myself, it was a lighting test, I ended up releasing it to see how many people would download it. This Pack does not contain secrets.

Required Add-Ons
Sahara Desert

Slate Water

Description
I thought I'd release this so here it is...

This Pack contains:
Slate Water - Day
Slate Water - Night
Slate Water - Sunset
Slate Water - Morning

Swimming Pool

Description
This is my third Blockland map, but my first with an interior! I am very pleased with how the map turned out to look, I have had the idea of making a pool for a long time, but never got down to making it until now. This Pack contains one secret, see if you can find it, but don't cheat!

This Pack contains:
Swimming Pool
Swimming Pool - Dark

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 08:18:49 AM by General »

You made swimming pool?
can I hug you!?!

You made swimming pool?
can I hug you!?!
It's an interior, so you can't use it anymore.

The reason I included this section is so that people who like to play older versions of Blockland are still able to download them.
Poor steam users can't because they don't have keys.

Can you make the Slate Water - Night into a skybox?

Assuming you posted this since RTB is going down, always enjoyed your add-ons, General.

Assuming you posted this since RTB is going down, always enjoyed your add-ons, General.
lol?
Quote from: First Line of OP
Following the news on the closure of RTB and the fact that I used it to upload most of my add-ons, I have decided to re-post all of my add-ons in this topic for future

Apologies for not reading.

These bricks r wonderful. You deserve cookies.  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

but they can't play older versions since they have no steam
but they do have steam

Oh, I was looking for these bricks the other day!

Thankyou  :cookieMonster: