Poll

Which do you prefer? (See post)

Quick and dirty - we need a solution now!
Clean, well tested, and polished - I don't mind waiting.

Author Topic: Poll regarding hosting services  (Read 3038 times)

I have to say, I'm very surprised by the poll results.

Something user-friendly, I don't really want to have to create a team so I can host little minigames.

Mostly a good, intuitive mod-management system is what I'd be wanting.

Something user-friendly, I don't really want to have to create a team so I can host little minigames.

Mostly a good, intuitive mod-management system is what I'd be wanting.
What specifically are you thinking of? I get the feeling you have something in mind when you say "intuitive."

How would you rate Kaphost for "functional that has what's needed to provide a decent service"?
His was, in my experience, bare minimum for providing a service at all. On, off, key, really simple application for the console. Some people can operate with just that but I think it had a lot of gaps for stuff like remote chat and admin, the autosaver, and add-on and settings management. The interface wasn't stellar but I could live with it if it at least had some features to make up for it.

I would personally like it if you make a standard "does what it says on the tin" hosting service, and then do updates.
I have spoken to other clans and the fact that we cant have a hosting service is really stopping us from our projects.
We need service now.

If someone would fund it I could probably have one set up within a week.

You need to put the 'I prefer neither' in your vote.

You need to put the 'I prefer neither' in your vote.
No I don't. The poll is "[out of the people who want a hosting service] which do you prefer?" Not "Do you want a hosting service and if so, which kind?"
If someone would fund it I could probably have one set up within a week.
Same here. I could probably run it sooner, I just need to figure some logistical things out personally.

Go for it, Lugnut! With RTB and Kaphost gone, the demand is there. If anyone is suited to the task it's you.

Why can't you guys just do what people did before hosting services?

"[out of the people who want a hosting service] which do you prefer?"
i don't think it says what you've put in the brackets pal

In my opinion, the fancy stuff doesn't really matter that much.

As long as it has FTP and remote command line access, it's fine.

In my opinion, the fancy stuff doesn't really matter that much.

As long as it has FTP and remote command line access, it's fine.
That's fine for power users, yes. A good bit of the people that would be using this would probably prefer something more user friendly.